• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

poecilotheria rufilata communal

Rick Stallard

3 Year Member
Any updates ive been putting on this post I think whats special about this communal (aka the wolf pack) lol is the fact it has 2 different species but it's very early days yet it could all go tits up I hope not but that's the chance maybe when they are all matured and all is still ok I could write my experience up ☺

You're right. Most others I've read about go pretty good until maybe 5-6 molt, getting more to sub-adult. Thats when something happens and things go bad. I'm sure I don't have to tell you but keep them well fed and maybe they will settle in and live together. Going to be interesting and fun.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Been together years,not one cannibalism scenario,male died off peacefully now the new male has probably mated most or all females.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418069138390.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418069138390.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418069159790.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418069159790.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418069191755.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418069191755.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 34

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And did you get a sack from any of the females if so how we're they to the other T's
Hello
It is my belief that the first male could have been successful with one female,time will tell the 2nd one well he has mated at least with two or more again time will tell. I will not be separating any if there is an egg sack,I want to see how it plays out. They've lived together,molted together etc so let's see what happens.

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Hello
It is my belief that the first male could have been successful with one female,time will tell the 2nd one well he has mated at least with two or more again time will tell. I will not be separating any if there is an egg sack,I want to see how it plays out. They've lived together,molted together etc so let's see what happens.
Wow that will be interesting alot of people would separate but if they were in the wild who knows would the females separate or not keep me posted on this one when if pregnant do you think she'll drop

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wow that will be interesting alot of people would separate but if they were in the wild who knows would the females separate or not keep me posted on this one when if pregnant do you think she'll drop
Hello again
I will keep you updated,I don't think anyone could give an opinion on this since it can go either way. All I can do is hope for the best,let's see what happens.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Any updates ive been putting on this post I think whats special about this communal (aka the wolf pack) lol is the fact it has 2 different species but it's very early days yet it could all go tits up I hope not but that's the chance maybe when they are all matured and all is still ok I could write my experience up ☺

Just remember that as soon as a male matures in the communal you need to take the regalis out...

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
wow, metallicas? thats pretty risky, huh?
You could see it that way,matter of point of view. So far all is okay,no matter luck or not it has been without a problem. Will it stay like that ? Can't say. So only the future will tell,and I hope for positive results.

Last edited:

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Quick update on the communal so I threw in some crickets and something quite amazed me but scared me at the same time. The regalis and 1 rufilata went for the same cricket. The regalis narrowly missed and the rufie was on the regalis feeling around on him. What scared me was I thought for a second he was gonna chomp on him but what amazed me was the rufilata realised it wasn't food and that was it. Thing is when I put the crickets in all the T's start moving around in the hide then boom feeding frenzy crickets and spiders running all over the place but they still know what is food and what isn't. Then it calms down a couple of spiders don't have food then it's like as if they know who has food and theres a little chase on "gimme that cricket" one trys to snatch one from the other but his not letting him. All of a sudden a loan cricket on the other end of the tank having a drink and a regalis knows his there and pounces straight on him. The cricket is no where near him UNBELIEVABLE