• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

poecilotheria rufilata communal

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
in the states you can get a 3/4 inch sling anywere between 60 to 100 dollars.
Gone down in price now th
Communal setups I have
- P.regalis been together for years
- P.metallica for two or three months
- M.Balfouri for few weeks
- H.Gigas split up after few months.
- H.incei together few months still together.
Do you think my 3 inch juvenile p metallica and my 5 inch mature male p metallica would cohabit together if I introduced

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Thats interesting I might give it a go my male isn't at all aggressive and my juvenile suspect female is surely gonna moult soon and even though she's half the size id be more worried for the male it's a risk

There have been cases of pokie males killing females in enclosures, so just watch them carefully.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Really didn't no that I'll hold fire on this one then I'm expecting a big jump in size when my juvenile moults im hoping to be able to sex it allso
Something you have to think of,that male is mature ? So he should be around 15 cm dls,and the female is 3 inches equalling 8cm Max ? My opinion,be very careful she isn't even ready as a juvenile female if it is indeed female.

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
I've heard of males lasting quite a while after maturing and mating multiple times I've also heard of males dieing after only a couple of months just have to see he seems healthy at the moment every night he's roaming around his enclosure his not been drumming though

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
This post has turned out very interesting with so many replying and different opinions thanks guys for making this post so readable

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Quick update.
T's have been active last couple of evenings it's been a joy to watch they have been webbing and cleaning them selves there all spread around there small enclosure it's quite amazing when there all out doing what spiders do and a great sight leg spans are spread to the max the regalis decided to go up on the lid again but he's not alone he has a friend with him lol another one has been webbing around them making them snug lol I think I might put them in a larger enclosure when they moult again will see what size they are. Thanks guys

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello
Thought I'd share something interesting I followed since they started it,have a view comment and enjoy.

Watch "Making of the Hunger Games - Poecilotheria metall…" on YouTube
Making of the Hunger Games - Poecilotheria metall…:

Watch "Hunger Games - Poecilotheria metallica communal u…" on YouTube
Hunger Games - Poecilotheria metallica communal u…:

Latest posts