• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fuzzball's picture thread

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Enn49: Have you still got your big snakes?[/QUOTE]

No, I had to get rid a few years back although I have a new Royal Python now. I do miss my boas though and I've thought of getting another but as I'm getting older there is always the chance I may not be able to cope with a big one. I'm thinking of getting another Vietnamese Blue Beauty as although they can reach 10' plus, they are much more slender and therefore not as heavy as a boa and have a lot of personality.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There's dwarf boas and smaller boa species, too, aren't there? I heard Rosy Boas (although they look a bit like slow worms to me, lol) have a lot of personality and are quite docile.
There's a lot of smaller pretty snakes out there: Garter snakes, Leopard Snakes, Russian rat snakes, Bamboo snakes, Indigo snakes and as you wrote Beauty snakes spring to mind. Oh, and Corn snakes of course.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've kept most of those over the years and I had a dwarf boa who only reached 3' as an adult female but as you say there are corn snakes too, got to love them.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Look who made a quick appearance this morning (had a cricket last night, so was probably looking for more):
T. Gigas (no longer a sling)
IMG_8689_zpsqnyjb21h.jpg

IMG_8690_zpsvq9urhtl.jpg

I've only had him/her since October, when he/she looked like this:
IMG_5020_zpsw4jlhyig.jpg

I'm going to have to rehouse, when I find something suitable...

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Another one of the Orange Climbey Thing (Insider joke between my OH and I), begging for another meal:
IMG_8708_zpsm1dnxryd.jpg

IMG_8707_zpsovrzqheb.jpg

Little P. Met:
IMG_8705_zpslzdsttsc.jpg

LP, Pisqueak, already getting fat again:
IMG_8704_zpsu25zfnmc.jpg

Premolty B. Boehmei. Has turned into the only proper hair flicker in my "collection". He/she is kicking of most of his/her bristles before molt:
IMG_8700_zpsx5u31yj4.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My A. versi really "loves" my husband, lol. He went to look at her and "BAM" she jumps against the glass. It's the second time she did this. He believes if she ever gets out he's in for it, lol. I'll make sure to have a video camera ready:
IMG_8899_zpsifrcnso4.jpg

IMG_8900_zpsk6kc3cje.jpg

IMG_8901_zpsklf82wr2.jpg

(He used to have the same effect on my Rosea, lol)

PamCz

3 Year Member
My A. versi really "loves" my husband, lol. He went to look at her and "BAM" she jumps against the glass. It's the second time she did this. He believes if she ever gets out he's in for it, lol. I'll make sure to have a video camera ready:

(He used to have the same effect on my Rosea, lol)
Ok, that's freakin' funny! Poor hubby... :D

Edit to add: my rosea will come out of her hide, come to the corner closest to me and put 6 legs and her palps on the glass. I will then tap is a pattern a few times & she'll tap back a little, then climb the glass up to the lid! Makes me laugh. Not sure what that is, or what it means, but it's funny!

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Aww, that sounds cute. I like when they don't run at the slightest noise or movement.

My Versi seems to have not read the species description, as in they're meant to be docile. When I rehoused her, I gently tapped next to her with the paint brush and without hesitation she bit into the brush, then jumped out and ran along the new tank. Even if I handled any of my Ts (which I don't) she wouldn't be one of them, lol.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Aww, that sounds cute. I like when they don't run at the slightest noise or movement.

My Versi seems to have not read the species description, as in they're meant to be docile. When I rehoused her, I gently tapped next to her with the paint brush and without hesitation she bit into the brush, then jumped out and ran along the new tank. Even if I handled any of my Ts (which I don't) she wouldn't be one of them, lol.
I wouldn't really consider versicolor a docile species. Sure they're not overly defensive like A.diversipes and A.latea, but they're pretty easy to spook and some individuals can be a bit feisty.

PamCz

3 Year Member
Dunno about versicolors as I don't have one yet. My A avic is practically comatose, tho. Seriously. Moving her can be a chore...cuz she WON'T MOVE. lol...and I'm sitting there, prodding with my paintbrush, like, "Come on!!" lol I think I like that better than your versicolor's behavior. ;)

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A.avic is pretty calm normally. So is metallica. Not all Avicularia are as docile however.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I like feisty, feisty is good. She's in her adult tank now, so I shouldn't have to move her again anyway. I think with her it's mainly greed though. She considers everything that enters her vicinity food first.
She also decorates her web by hanging the uneaten leftovers of her prey off it, lol.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Finally managed to get the exo out, after she has been hogging it for days:
IMG_8913_zpsuccqxny6.jpg

Doing a bit of grooming
IMG_8910_zpsfgbapxbw.jpg

She definitely needs to grow into her legs still
IMG_8914_zps7emchjrx.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't know why my G. Rosea had decided to sit upside down against the glass. Weirdo:
IMG_8959_zpscwehdjsd.jpg

My A. Versi sitting in her waiting spot:
IMG_9000_zpshrtf7kux.jpg

IMG_9001_zpscety02ov.jpg

IMG_9003_zpsbxgfpk6t.jpg

Latest posts