• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fuzzball's picture thread

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@sym
One of those "All season in one day" days today. It's sunny just now, but we had hail/sleet showers a while ago and tonight is meant to be windy.

I googled some pics and that's why I thought it might be a female due to the crescent shaped bit between the first pair of booklungs. It would be nice.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think the female opening is slightly curved and male more of a straight line.. I'm unsure what my curly is.
Both pairs of book lungs and equal distance lower and higher.
image.jpg

It's about 10 degrees here in cumbria sunny but windy ..

Sym

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Difficult to see, but I think there is a hint of spermathecae between the first pair of book lungs. Take it it's still a small spider?

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No that's one of my biggest.
I have 4 T's all similar size and my curly is 1 of them.
My B.Emilia or .P.Parvulus has the biggest abdomen . But my curly or LP has the biggest leg span.
I'm gonna go on eBay and order a x40-60 magnafing glass...
Any more T's coming?

Sym

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No more at the moment :(. TBF, my husband agreed with a maximum of 3-4 at first, now I have 8, so I need to give him a little rest. I'll see how the ones I've got grow into adulthood and then see what happens.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A. Genic hunting for her dinner
IMG_7096_zps6t1zlbqq.jpg

Approximately 30 seconds later
IMG_7102_zps5trbqnot.jpg

B. Boehmei munching on a wax worm
IMG_7104_zpsyhcywjjv.jpg

A. Versi again. I'm enjoying seeing so much of her since moving her into her bigger enclosure
IMG_7105_zpstutgkupy.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A. versi
IMG_7255_zpsri8c9eas.jpg

Finally saw the T. gigas since it's molted. It's got well over 1.5" DLS now. It was only about 1/2" when I got it less than a year ago
IMG_7256_zpsxnzyket3.jpg

IMG_7257_zpsdwelgqpy.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Love your A. genic pics. My T. gigas should be here in 9 days time.

My husband had always joked to get an OBT, but I just didn't feel ready for it (still don't, lol), so that was my sneaky (arboreal) alternative, lol. Are you getting a sling?
Mine is a great eater and fast grower, but has become quite shy since its latest molt. I didn't even know it was going to molt, because it was eating until a couple of days before.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My first T was an OBT and I hadn't seen her for months until a few days ago which is why I decided on the T. gigas for the colour, it's a sling but around 1'' so not too small.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They do look so sweet when they're asleep. My I. hirsutum gradually slides down the side of its container when its relaxed

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They're great. I can't wait to get my T. gigas, should be here Tuesday

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You'll enjoy it, gorgeous spiders, very underrated, IMHO. Apparently they're teleporters, i.e. lightning fast. I've only seen hints of that in mine, but I've only rehoused it once and it stayed on its bark while I moved it. I think the next one would definitely be a bath rehouse, lol.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You'll enjoy it, gorgeous spiders, very underrated, IMHO. Apparently they're teleporters, i.e. lightning fast. I've only seen hints of that in mine, but I've only rehoused it once and it stayed on its bark while I moved it. I think the next one would definitely be a bath rehouse, lol.

Yes, I've read that they're fast. I have 2 that I struggle to get pics of as by the time the shutter goes they've vanished so hopefully I'll be ok with it.

Viscus

3 Year Member
If I may say, those are lovely Ts you have @Fuzzball79. The curl up your versi does is how my Avic avic got its name. I.E. Fuzzball. How big is the T. gigas now?

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If I may say, those are lovely Ts you have @Fuzzball79. The curl up your versi does is how my Avic avic got its name. I.E. Fuzzball. How big is the T. gigas now?
Thanks.
The T. Gigas is probably about 1.5" now. I got it last autumn at under 1" (it was in one of those pill vials). It's molted 3 times so far and the size difference and colour change between the last 2 molts was quite immense.

Latest posts