• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fuzzball's picture thread

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well done little LP. My 2 were an inch dls when they came 10 months ago and are now almost 6''.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My beautiful A. versicolor out for a drink. I sprayed her web and the surroundings a little.

Peek-a-Boo Toe
IMG_8502_zpsqcxanl6f.jpg

Showing off her gorgeous colours
IMG_8505_zpse9wa32gm.jpg

IMG_8512_zpsll8of2ys.jpg

Dancing on the ceiling
IMG_8514_zpsjknv6nsn.jpg

IMG_8515_zps8zzsi5a9.jpg

Fangs are still soft, so she'll have to wait another couple of days
IMG_8517_zpsliddb4fn.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just caught my Rosea drinking. She was actually sitting half way in her dish, which is unusual for her as she hates water, lol.
(Yes, that is poop on the bowl. My spiders always do that to me when I take photos)
IMG_8549_zps2lxueybt.jpg

IMG_8550_zpshvfkmx2r.jpg

My B. Boehmei (premolt, yay) seems to have an identity crisis, thinking it's an arboreal
IMG_8551_zps7ftbwnu7.jpg

The little GBB is always out and about.
IMG_8553_zpsujat9drx.jpg

Another premolty bottom. All she does at the moment is sit there and occasionally turn around. I expect her to flip any day now.
IMG_8554_zpsgd3kyq49.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They do love showing us their bums don't they? That's a neat poo, our P. vittata does hers on the glass and smears it everywhere.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They do love showing us their bums don't they? That's a neat poo, our P. vittata does hers on the glass and smears it everywhere.
My avic has left a long streak of poop running right down the front of her terrarium. It looks like bird poo. Nice!

PamCz

3 Year Member
Speaking of spider poo...hehe...do any of you have T's that are, basically, litter trained?? o_O I have a G. rosea that deposits all of her boluses in one corner AND she poos there, too. Just wondering.:)

Last edited:

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
When my A. Genic was smaller she used to poop in the same corner all the time. Now she has several places but always in the corner. I think the B. Boehemi sling is the same as I never see any waste in its tank. Apart from the arboreals (minus the P. Met, the no. 2 are too tiny) the messiest one is the LP sling. It just "goes" where it stands, which I'm NOT looking forward to when it's fully grown, lol.

PamCz

3 Year Member
I edited my comment...left out the phrase "in one corner." My rosie is already 4"+...so It's probably permanent behavior to put all waste in one corner...I hope it is, anyway. Very cool! Ultra clean girlie! :)

Yeah...the LP waste. As my husband says about never wanting a bigger dog than our current one (17 lbs): bigger dog, bigger poo. I guess the same is going to apply to the LP. Should be a "blast" (ha) dealing with that. :rolleyes:

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah...the LP waste. As my husband says about never wanting a bigger dog than our current one (17 lbs): bigger dog, bigger poo. I guess the same is going to apply to the LP. Should be a "blast" (ha) dealing with that. :rolleyes:

I've got 2 large(ish) dogs (GSD and Husky X), but their no. 2s are nothing compared to when I walked a friend's American Bulldog. "We need a bigger bag!".
I've also got 2 corn snakes. One, Ozzy, is a midget, barely over 3 feet and quite slender. He poops very often, but it's very small and doesn't smell.
My other corn, Draco, is about 4 ft long and quite bulky. He poos once after every meal (rat weaner or XL/Jumbo mouse once a month), but, boy, does he leave a mess. And it smells like rotten fish and eggs. The first time I actually had him out with me on the couch, I tought, "Oh, how cute he's snuggled up behind my back", only to feel a spreading wet patch and this horrible stench coming from behind me, lol.
I wonder how people with large snakes like Retics or Burms clean up. Do they call in a JCB?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've got 2 large(ish) dogs (GSD and Husky X), but their no. 2s are nothing compared to when I walked a friend's American Bulldog. "We need a bigger bag!".
I've also got 2 corn snakes. One, Ozzy, is a midget, barely over 3 feet and quite slender. He poops very often, but it's very small and doesn't smell.
My other corn, Draco, is about 4 ft long and quite bulky. He poos once after every meal (rat weaner or XL/Jumbo mouse once a month), but, boy, does he leave a mess. And it smells like rotten fish and eggs. The first time I actually had him out with me on the couch, I tought, "Oh, how cute he's snuggled up behind my back", only to feel a spreading wet patch and this horrible stench coming from behind me, lol.
I wonder how people with large snakes like Retics or Burms clean up. Do they call in a JCB?

I always kept my boas, even the 9 footers, on beech chip so all I had to do was use a plastic bag like a glove, pick up the poo with surrounding substrate and it was already in the bag. Many keep their snakes on newspaper but I find that very messy as you have to empty the viv to clean it. The worst I had was my Blood Python, now his were enormous, and on one occasion he'd completely filled his hide - an extra large ExoTerra cave, and it was still steaming. Luckily they don't poo as often as most snakes.

Latest posts