• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fuzzball's picture thread

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A. Versicolor getting her first Morio Worm last night. It's only her and my A. Genic I trust with those, the Rosea doesn't go for them and I have to then dig the worm out, which is not easy, and the others are too small still.
The worm landed in the plant above the spider and she climbed up, grabbed it then dropped herself onto her web, using it as a fall net, lol.
My little headcase:
IMG_9103_zpsdddea9sx.jpg

IMG_9107_zpszhsounuk.jpg

IMG_9111_zpsikhqzbsx.jpg

IMG_9113_zpsn0hd5ghi.jpg

My GBB sling is quite active at the moment. I wonder whether it's going to molt again soon (never had its meal last night, which is highly unusual):
IMG_9115_zps75kiqlp1.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Fiery legs
IMG_9126_zpsuzkpznxs.jpg

A. Geniculata seems to be recovering from her molt
IMG_9128_zpse96whuzi.jpg

G. Rosea was annoyed about something or someone (probably my husband again, lol)
IMG_9152_zps3bvdzcjq.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
He/she is looking good. How big is yours now? Mine's been out a few times too.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm rubbish at estimating, but if I had to guess it's over 2" LS (ca 6cm) now. It was at most 1" when I got it in October, so very fast growing. It's been a bit secretive recently, so I'm well chuffed it's out and about tonight. All of them are, must be something in the air, lol.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am too. Mine's about half an inch at the moment. I wonder if they're out and about because thunder is forecast, a change in air pressure and humidity?

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It could be, although we never really get any thunder storms in West Scotland :( (I love them). My Rosea is always more active when it's raining heavily outside, as if her instincts tell her she needs to find somewhere higher.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Feeding some of the beasties:
A. Geniculata first post molt meal and first ever Locust. Lasted about a minute in her proximity, lol
Never realised, how pretty Locusts actually are
IMG_9247_zpsoxcmxacd.jpg

Well, hello there. Come here often?
IMG_9248_zpsgjtmuxid.jpg

And gone!
IMG_9249_zpspnwfxchg.jpg

IMG_9250_zpsio2fbt8r.jpg

IMG_9255_zps6mz9mp5k.jpg

Little Boehmei also had his first post molt meal. I accidentally let another one escape into his tank, but hey, it's only another small one, he should manage it. He now looks like a proper B. Boehmei now (well, miniature version):
IMG_9253_zps8r6iep2n.jpg

IMG_9254_zpsnspoldsp.jpg

T. Gigas: Casually strolled out, took the wax worm with no rush and went back into its tunnel
IMG_9258_zps5wt3zuzy.jpg

The funniest was my LP sling though, although I don't have any photos: I noticed that the first cricket was a bit too small, but he grabbed it straight away (takes live prey now, yay) anyway, so I put another bigger one in. He then spent ages trying to grab the other one, too while still holding the smaller cricket. It look like he was impersonating a bucking Bronco, lol. The bigger cricket is now hiding, so he'll probably finish the first one and then get desserts.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Rehousing time for 2 of the bunch.

T. gigas tried to leg it during the procedure, but I came prepared:
IMG_9686_zpsxpgzxzqm.jpg

"I'm not moving!"
IMG_9687_zpsrzfhwfll.jpg

At least we got a good look at its orange bottom
IMG_9688_zpsjet2gfvg.jpg

The pipsqueak in his "big(ger) boy" tub, because he/she's going to molt again soon judged by the size of his abdomen
IMG_9690_zpshtbx09ey.jpg

IMG_9691_zps2oudb9jn.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ginger buttocks, my T. gigas is settling into its new tank nicely
IMG_9703_zpshaavv0gn.jpg

Already digging a hide using the substrate to decorate the web tunnel
IMG_9707_zps4oybpkye.jpg

IMG_9706_zps0c7u0sal.jpg

Still got a hing of "baby stripes" on its belly
IMG_9710_zpssk9cvnqy.jpg

My Rosea, who's not eaten for a couple of months now. I'm still hoping for a molt.
IMG_9714_zpsyqmiboqb.jpg

A. Geniculata is very active at the moment, constantly roaming her enclosure. I'm glad she's a proven female otherwise I'd be worried about losing her soon (sexually mature male)
IMG_9708_zpsqo46eb0j.jpg

IMG_9699_zpspa934ou5.jpg

B. Boehmei having another locust. He's becoming so handsome...
IMG_9692_zpsntdrjn2b.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A. Genic guarding her water bowl after dragging the plants around in her faunarium
IMG_9940_zpsg47kc6fm.jpg

No Ts, but was cleaning my mixed roach group out (the little Turkistans are food, but the Dubia pair "Mister and Missus" is allowed to live out the rest of their lives with me). If anyone can identify the roach right at the bottom that would be great. It was in with the Turkistans but doesn't look like one
IMG_9941_zpsbthpeyge.jpg

The Pip drinking from his big boy (or girl) water bowl for the first time
IMG_9942_zpsij9h92bs.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There some stunning Ts :)
p.s u should remove the locusts back legs before feeding, as they can injure your Ts with them !!!
Thanks, much appreciated.
I'll keep that in mind for next time. I only really fed them as a one of, because the retailer accidentally sent locusts instead of silent crickets.

T. Gigas has become more visible. .
IMG_0285_zps1z4vy36g.jpg

Baby LP out and about. Starting to see more Salmon Pink in him/her (pic is a bit blurry, because I had my 3 boys nagging at me - Scottish summer holidays....)
IMG_0289_zpsh4hb2xi3.jpg

G. Rosea want a hug
IMG_0290_zpsjxhtvdnw.jpg

GBB: You can't see me. I had just changed its water, so it decided to hide
IMG_9987_zps9ihop23f.jpg

P. Met sling, in premolt again
IMG_9988_zpsahy0skc0.jpg

Here's what my A. Versi thinks of the Scottish Westcoast summer weather at the moment (max. 19°C and heavy rain, going down to 16° next week, :(). I concur!
IMG_9301_zpslj4bqeux.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have been playing with the macro setting/attachment. Shaky hands :(
IMHO, still one of the most beautiful spiders there is. She was very patient with me trying to get a decent photo, lol
IMG_0411_zpsvhl9ddi7.jpg

IMG_0418_zpsgf3wpnxu.jpg

IMG_0419_zpse9xhfvxd.jpg

A. Geniculata. I love the little tuft of bristles
IMG_0422_zpsfiygvw67.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
B. Boehmei making a mess. He's dug out behind the log and pushed the dirt through the vents, lol
IMG_0438_zpskg45dhjp.jpg

A. Versi "Feeeeed meeee!"
IMG_0439_zps7ofenz3r.jpg

LP caught his cricket. He now takes live prey like a champ
IMG_0945_zpsswu0mxnm.jpg

IMG_0946_zpsm1g7kuai.jpg

GBB is starting to change colour a bit more
IMG_0947_zpszecckpmy.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It won't be long 'til you're feeding that LP multiple large crickets lol.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It won't be long 'til you're feeding that LP multiple large crickets lol.
Lol, probably not long. He (she) really makes me laugh: He used to run away from anything live and I had to prekill everything. Now as soon as I open the lid he's on the prowl and usually gets his food within a couple of seconds. The one in the photo he grabbed so fast and hard, he actually fell over.
If his confidence grows any more with his size, I'll need an armoured suit to feed him when he's fully grown, lol.

Latest posts