• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fuzzball's picture thread

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A few more grey hairs, thanks to my A. versi. Woke up to find it like this:
IMG_7289_zpsqzf7gdg6.jpg

Alarm bells were ringing, panic mode on and first thought was "oh no, nematodes!" Checked her/him again a few minutes later and the white stuff was gone. It was only the last bits of her meal from the previous night, lol. Little sod, making me worried like that!

I also rehoused my B. Boehmei into a bigger tank. At first it would just sit between the leaves on top of the cave I made for it:
IMG_7284_zpsxlaejkhd.jpg

Tonight it obviously decided to find ways to escape. It discovered the air vent on the side and tried to pull it out, even using its fangs:
IMG_7290_zpsp90ajvuk.jpg

IMG_7291_zpsnujh4rbm.jpg

IMG_7294_zps2p2dforr.jpg

The culprit "I didn't do anything"
IMG_7296_zps7o9mk1k4.jpg

IMG_7297_zps8a3pcgmk.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Those mites on pipsqueaks abdomen?
No, thanks for mentioning it though, I've just checked him again. It must have been the way the flash reflected back on the dirt. He'd just been digging a bit maybe that's how.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
IMG_7388_zpslkn8jp7q.jpg

Sorry for the poop in the picture. She can't just toilet on the ground, has to be against the glass

IMG_7529_zpssax4a2ga.jpg

He's a messy so and so.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Great pics. I'd love to know why some choose to poop on the glass, our 2 pokies both do it then smear it everywhere.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Probably the same reason why my B. Boehmei has started filling his water bowl with substrate: To keep us on our toes and annoy us, lol?
My Versi also occasionally displays the severed and chewed heads of her meals from her web. I need to try get a pic next time.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My Rosea coming up for a hello. AS far as spiders go, I think she has a cute "face", almost mastered the puppy look:
IMG_7962_zpsftxnlk3y.jpg

B. Boehmei sling/juvie climbing on top of his den (he likes to sit there). He's on a diet, lol.
IMG_7968_zpssrfxm1zj.jpg

Post molt GBB sling. Longer legs and slighter bigger prosoma, otherwise hasn't changed much
IMG_7970_zps3hyeb7qi.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Looking great. I love that pic of your rosea. I sure they have more personality than people credit them with, I know ours has.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looking great. I love that pic of your rosea. I sure they have more personality than people credit them with, I know ours has.
Mine's usually out and about doing something like wandering around or climbing onto her logs. At the moment she's hiding a bit more during the day and she's not eating, so I still have my fingers crossed for a molt (I've had her for just under a year and she's not molted with me yet). Knowing her she's just going to get back to normal without molting though, lol.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Mine's usually out and about doing something like wandering around or climbing onto her logs. At the moment she's hiding a bit more during the day and she's not eating, so I still have my fingers crossed for a molt (I've had her for just under a year and she's not molted with me yet). Knowing her she's just going to get back to normal without molting though, lol.

We,ve had Mouse 10 months and no moult yet, think it's male. He clambers all over and is an expert climber but he is a great feeder.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't know if Lotta ("whole lotta Rosie", get it, lol?) is female, but until I find out otherwise I'll call her a she. I was that excited when I bought her, I didn't even ask the guy in the shop when she last molted, but she was a lot pinker then, so I assume it hadn't been that long ago. They really are slow growers, but at least that means they also live longer.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine's got a funny eating pattern, mind you:
I feed my slings once a week (if not in premolt) and the P. Met eats for about 2-3 weeks and then fasts for the following 2-3 weeks. After this motl I'm going to try it on a fortnightly feed, rather than a weekly.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Mine's got a funny eating pattern, mind you:
I feed my slings once a week (if not in premolt) and the P. Met eats for about 2-3 weeks and then fasts for the following 2-3 weeks. After this motl I'm going to try it on a fortnightly feed, rather than a weekly.
Mine eats twice per week, never refuses, isn't fat, just won't grow as anticipated.
BTW, I love the pic of your puppy faced rosie. [emoji3]

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My P.met hasn't grown very quickly. It's about the size now that our P.vittata was when she came to us and from then she grew really fast so I'm hoping the P. met will speed up now.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The Pip (LP) has molted over night. He was showing his little bottom off when I took the pics. I still can't believe that something so small can grow into the beast that a fully grown LP is, lol:
IMG_8136_zpsixpb7ryj.jpg

IMG_8137_zpsv39ie19i.jpg

Epic proportions, lol
IMG_8139_zpst9lh2niu.jpg

Latest posts