• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

big up the rose hairs!

KieraKittie

3 Year Member
I shared one picture already in another topic, but not the other. I already love taking picture of her, Shelob is a model, just gotta remember to keep the flash off! hehe

PC020910.jpg

PC020909.jpg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
all ts are beautiful but some have more of that " look at me " "x factor“ thing than others. ;)

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes, but typically the shipping is higher. Depends on the dealer. And you may have to get an import/export license.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No, you can not ship animals out of country unless the shipper has an export license, and the shipee has an import license.

8leggedfreak

3 Year Member
I have to strongly agree. My first T was a Rosie and now that I have 7, I have to say she is truly my favorite. She's docile, easily handled, and very entertaining. She likes to crawl to the top of her terraium while I'm cleaning it out and hang out on the edge of the top. I put her back in and she will do it all over again! It's like a game!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have to strongly agree. My first T was a Rosie and now that I have 7, I have to say she is truly my favorite. She's docile, easily handled, and very entertaining. She likes to crawl to the top of her terraium while I'm cleaning it out and hang out on the edge of the top. I put her back in and she will do it all over again! It's like a game!
She sounds really lovely! I think that rosies are a lot bolder and more curious than most ts, I've owned quite a few of them and when I move them into different tanks or buy new water bowls or huts my rosies are always first to check things out, they don't have that nervous panic thing that some ts have

8leggedfreak

3 Year Member
Yea she's great to take out and handle all the time. I'm considering a Paraphysa scrofa and a g. Pulchra as my next 2 purchases do to the same docile temperaments.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yea she's great to take out and handle all the time. I'm considering a Paraphysa scrofa and a g. Pulchra as my next 2 purchases do to the same docile temperaments.

Let me toss another sp into your hat. G.Puchripes. Same disposition, but some serious size to boot!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They do sound lovely but I've never owned either of them. I ordered two a geniculatas a while ago but the pet shop have not been in touch to say they have arrived yet, it might be too cold for them to drive from the breeder in Wales. I have a lot of room on the unit that my ts live on, I might go and see what's in the local pet shops. Maybe a bigger older one that needs a good home instead of slings.....

8leggedfreak

3 Year Member
The g puchripe females can have some serious mass! Yea I found a great pet store in Massachusetts that can get me just about anything reasonably priced. Ive purchased 5 from him within the past month and i love the shop.He has a couple coppers in now so I'll probably pick one up soon.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The g puchripe females can have some serious mass! Yea I found a great pet store in Massachusetts that can get me just about anything reasonably priced. Ive purchased 5 from him within the past month and i love the shop.He has a couple coppers in now so I'll probably pick one up soon.
Good luck, hope you get some nice ones :)

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here are some crappy iPhone pics of my new Rosie. Didn't want to be too disruptive while it settles in.

Attachments

• photo(12).JPG
    photo(12).JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 23
  • photo(13).JPG
    photo(13).JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 23
  • photo(14).JPG
    photo(14).JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 22

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The yellow die is sitting against the glass. He has his foot resting on the glass. The camera was against the glass on the other side of the KK.

Latest posts