• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enn's bunch

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
P. vittata, Enn.

Her water bowl was scrubbed out and refilled but by next morning she had dumped substrate in it.

P.irminia, Falcon

I. hirsutum, Sasquatch

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have been intending to rehouse my P. irminia, Falcon, for a week or so and have been putting it off as I know how fast she is but I decided today that I couldn't put it off any longer:rolleyes:. I cleared out the viv where some of my containers are kept, catch cup to hand and the ExoTerra Nano ready, I began to remove her cork bark and plant. I'd just got everything half way out when she ran straight out of the container. She had a 3.5' viv to run in but no, she ran straight at the open door, luckily I managed to redirect her and shut the door. Phew!!!! The next bit was relatively easy as she'd come to rest in the top, back corner and with a very little encouragement she walked into the cricket tub that I used as a catch cup and I put that and her in the Nano leaving her to calm down and make her own way out. She's now hiding behind the wood somewhere.

I grabbed a pic of her still in the cricket tub

Falcon's new home

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
And out and about exploring tonight. I was able to measure her too and she's now 3" dls

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Feeding time for the 2 T. violaceus. These 2 are soooo fast and very greedy :eek:

Demerara

Kutari

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My T. Gigas used to stalk its prey all through its tub. Now it's a bit lazier and just waits around in its web tube. It seems to be in premolt at the moment, as it's quite reclusive, but looks quite round. Fast grower this one, I just hope its attitude doesn't grow with it, lol (only kidding - I love the feisty ones as much as the puppy tame ones).

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The T. gisas isn't so bad, it'll run into hiding in its web. It's webbed the back of the cork bark with a little tube over the top right corner.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
H. gabonensis, Kota

H. sp Colombia klein, Vita

O. diamantinensis, Culli. It's due a moult and I have found it like this every day for the last 4 days and got all excited but still no moult. It does have its feet on the lid and at lights out it goes down in its web (this T does like to bask in the light) so I'm not worrying about it.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I rehoused Sable, my L. sp. Borneo Black, into an arboreal container. One of the easiest rehouses ever as it walked into the catch cup and out again into its new home with the barest of nudges.

New home

A sulky T. Knowing Sable it will probably stay huddled there for a day or 2 before starting its new place.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
T. gigas, Cayenne

P. Metallica, Trip

K. brunnipes, Pixie

A. laerta, Frio. A lousy pic I know but if I lift the lid the leaves get in the way. It's doing great, feeding well and webbing like mad.

L. sp. Borneo Black, Sable. I caught it on the cork bark this morning (pic in media) but it moved back to huddle against the water bowl where it spent all day looking miserable until feed time tonight when the cricket only got an inch or two before being grabbed

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Frio, the A. laerta in its web

P. metallica, Trip. The first pic was with normal flash but the second pic was taken with no flash just shining a white LED torch on her

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
B. smithi, Pico.

I. hirsutum, Sasquatch, showing its belly.

C. schioedtei, Tigger. Looking down into its burrow, or one of them. The container is 8.5" deep and Tigger has carted all of that substrate right to the top, almost completely covering the plant and cork bark in web and coco fibre. Somewhere in there is a water bowl but I haven't seen it for months so now I just wet the web. My next job is to get a new, larger container made for it.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Need to get me another Iridopelma. Haven't had one in years. I think I am so attracted to them because they remind me a lot of Avics (my favorite genus) in both lifestyle and that fuzzy look they have. As far as I know they are one of the few arboreal genera that create Avic style tube-webs near the top of the enclosure. All of the other arboreal species I've owned (Psalmopoeus, Poecilotheria, Tapinauchenius, Lampropelma, H.maculata) will build a retreat closer to the ground or from the ground up and incorporate substrate into the webbing creating "dirt curtains." Stromatopelma calceatum is an odd-ball as they normally create OBT style webs, sometimes extending from the ground all the way up to the top of the enclosure.

How is your Borneo black in terms of temperament?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Chubbs My I. hirsutum has only made a hammock at the top of the container, no funnels, where it sits almost all of the time but one thing I've found is that it appears to like the sunshine. When as the sun moves round and catches its container it will move into the sun.

My Borneo black is what I'd call shy, when it was in the smaller container I rarely saw it as it spent most of its time in the burrow. Rehousing was easy as it walked into a catch cup and out again into its new home with minimum encouragement and no threats. It sulked in the corner for a few days before starting to web up the side of the cork bark but hasn't moved far except to eat. it's definitely more likely to make itself as small as possible rather than make any threats.

Latest posts