• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enn's bunch

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@sym He won't be far off 7" now at full stretch. He doesn't often stretch out so it's difficult to tell exactly. Pip is still slightly smaller.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49. I know what you mean I looked into my LP enclosure the other morning and it was spread out looked massive.
Mines female when do you think yours will have its ultimate moult?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have no idea. His last moult was a month ago so I don't expect him to moult again until sometime in the New Year.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
P. metallica, Trip. I'm seeing a lot more of her now that she's in an ExoTerra Nano.

T. violaceus, Demerara. These are voracious feeders, grabbing the cricket before it hits the web.

Python Regius, Mali. Another voracious feeder, you've got to love that happy smile when his rat goes down. (Alright I know he's not a T but he is still one of Enn's bunch)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
After losing 2 legs during a moult in transit my little A. laerta has moulted twice more and now has all 8 legs. It moulted 5 days ago and this is the first time I've seen it since and am thrilled to see how much its grown - now around 1" dls.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Feeding night tonight for the big Ts and guess who deigned to show herself, only Zera, my OBT. First I've seen of her in over 3 months and no the photo isn't upside down - she was.

Food also brought Trip, the P. metallica, out from her favourite corner

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Zera, the OBT, took her chance while she had her front door open to leave a pile of rubbish for me to move.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Sable
, my L. sp. Borneo Black, has begun to build web and substrate tunnels above ground in the same way that my C. schioedtei did so I'm guessing it will eventually fill the container with them.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Love all your spiders.
Looking at Trip makes me miss my P. Met baby. Maybe some day....
Your LPs are simply gorgeous and I can't believe the size of Cayenne already. Fast growers aren't they. I saw mine this morning. She was half way out of her hole, looking huge. I might move her into an Exoterra Nano soon, maybe she'll come out a bit more then.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Fuzzball79 Thank you. You really must get another P. met soon, Trip has been so easy to raise and I see her every day, no hiding away. I can't believe how big Cayenne is now but the 2 T. violaceus are growing quickly too, I need to rehouse them very soon.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
K. brunnipes, Elf, showing an awful lot of leg

L. sp. Borneo Black, Sable

P.metallica, Trip

Then this afternoon I rehoused my P. sp. baeri, Data and P. sp. Tiger, Arica. Both of these are dwarf Ts so their new homes should last their life times and neither are burrowers so they haven't got a lot of substrate. They both made life easy by walking from their old containers into their new.

P. sp. baeri, Data

P. sp. Tiger, Arica

Arica always makes me think of a little feathered bird.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had to rehouse my B. smithi, Pico, today as the substrate was getting a bit too wet, due I suspect to a leaky water bowl. Pico is the shy one, my son's Popo never hides but this one does so it was a good chance to get a couple of photos.

N. chromatus, Luzia, is starting to spend more time out in the open

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Bottom's up from Tigger, my C. schioedtei. I've been trying to get a photo that shows its green legs for ages but it's so quick to hide at the slightest touch of the container. Last night I caught it just before it vanished.

Latest posts