• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enn's bunch

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Another rehouse today. This time it was the turn of my H. sp Colombia klein (small), Vita. I don't see much of this one but it's worth the wait. Vita made the transfer very easy, I lifted the plant with all the web and substrate attached and placed it in the cricket tub I use when rehoming and out walked the T. A quick photo then a gentle nudge and Vita walked into its new container.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A. sp Panama, Palma, showing itself for once although it wasn't moving from under that leaf

A bit more of Tigger, my C. schioedtei, since its moult a few days ago

My A. learta, Frio, has decided to fill the lid of its container with web - that's going to make feeding fun

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I. hirsutum, Sasquatch

T. gigas, Cayenne

I finally got my viv stack extended by putting a 3 ' viv on top. This makes it easier to get the arboreal containers in and out as it's doors are higher plus giving me more room as some of my little ones are growing up. I've got a few new containers on orderso when they arrive I'll have some rehousing to do.
Ts are in the top 1 and the bottom 2 with Mali, my royal python, in the one with the light, that's going soon to be replaced by an LED strip.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Royal python is same as a Ball python in the states yes? I want a set up as nice as that one day :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Royal python is same as a Ball python in the states yes? I want a set up as nice as that one day :)

That's right, sorry I tend to forget that you call them Ball pythons. And thank you. I already had the vivs so it made sense to use them for the Ts as it means my cats can't get at them..

Thistles

3 Year Member
That's right, sorry I tend to forget that you call them Ball pythons. And thank you. I already had the vivs so it made sense to use them for the Ts as it means my cats can't get at them..
Royal is so much better. Mine is "Regina." I got a weird look when I exclaimed that, "baby balls are so cute!"

Obviously they weren't snake people.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Royal is so much better. Mine is "Regina." I got a weird look when I exclaimed that, "baby balls are so cute!"

Obviously they weren't snake people.

Of course Python Regius is their correct name so Regina is a great name. I know you call them Balls because of their habit of curling into a ball but out of 15+ that I've owned I only ever had one that really did it. My current lad never does, he just wants to be off. Your "baby balls" made me chuckle.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Its so much better seeing actual photos of the T's from folks you talk to on here, you have a great bunch :)

Thistles

3 Year Member
I did a little stalking looking for another pic of your Psalmopoeus reduncus since you posted in the sexing forum. I am going to bed now and only got through a few pages, but your Psalmopoeus irminia "Falcon" appears male, as does "Tigger" your Cyriopagopus schioedtei. The Borneo Black "Sable" looks female, though.

I don't know if you care or whatever, just figured I'd post for what it's worth.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Its so much better seeing actual photos of the T's from folks you talk to on here, you have a great bunch :)

Thank you.

I did a little stalking looking for another pic of your Psalmopoeus reduncus since you posted in the sexing forum. I am going to bed now and only got through a few pages, but your Psalmopoeus irminia "Falcon" appears male, as does "Tigger" your Cyriopagopus schioedtei. The Borneo Black "Sable" looks female, though.

I don't know if you care or whatever, just figured I'd post for what it's worth.

Thank you for taking the trouble to do that for me. I had thought the P. irminia was female but I'll try to get a better picture of it sometime. The C. schioedtei is so elusive I rarely even get photos of it but it needs rehousing soon so maybe then and I'm thrilled that the Borneo Black is female..

Thistles

3 Year Member
There was one picture in which the suntiger looked pretty male. Definitely get some more so we can confirm! The other two I was basing on the color. The males turn brown and green while the females get darker as they age. Sable is definitely much darker than my male was at her age and Tigger looks very green.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
There was one picture in which the suntiger looked pretty male. Definitely get some more so we can confirm! The other two I was basing on the color. The males turn brown and green while the females get darker as they age. Sable is definitely much darker than my male was at her age and Tigger looks very green.

Tigger's legs have gone very green since the last moult so I think you're right. I'll try to get some new photos of the suntiger but it has made its nest in the back corner of the viv with loads of web but if I can catch it out I'll try to get a pic.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Culli, my O. diamantinensis, made me chuckle tonight when I fed her. She was in her usual spot on top of all her web when I dropped 2 large crickets in, she gently put 2 feet on top of one cricket and held it there while she stalked the 2nd one.

Then she pounced and grabbed both.

Latest posts