• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enn's bunch

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sasquatch, my I. hirsutum, has built a web hammock at the very top of its container attaching one side to the lid itself so if I lift on side of the lid up it tips the hammock, the other side is fine except that Sasquatch is right there. Luckily it's a very placid T and will stay completely still while I top the water bowl up and take a few pics.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
H. sp Colombia klein, Vita. This one spends quite a lot of time in the open

H. gabonensis , Kota, is rarely seen and quick to run and hide. It has an amazing system of web tunnels and burrows through the substrate making it very difficult to find the T.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My little A. laerta, Frio, is doing really well. Considering it lost 2 legs during a moult in transit from Poland, it's very active and loves being up in the domed lid, it feeds well and has done quite a bit of webbing.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
C. perezmilesi, Beni, has started spending a lot of time on the surface now and is remarkably calm.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I forgot to add that tonight I am ordering a new E. sp red as I miss the little one that died and I'm also getting an H. maculata. They're coming from Poland so I hope they'll be here by the end of the week.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@sym They like fairly high humidity so I over fill the water bowl, plenty of substrate so they can burrow. Mine began with a hole but has built up a tube of web and substrate almost to the top of the container. Don't expect to see much of it as they are very shy.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 .. That's ok then sound similar to the skeleton. Still waiting on them coming. Both enclosures are ready and up to temp..

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@sym I was told to keep as H.lividum. I was hoping my 2 new ones would be here by the end of the week but I'm beginning to think it may be next week unless they're shipped tomorrow.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Pixie, one of my 2 K. brunnipes moulted last night

They say you need patience when you keep Ts, well this next one has certainly tried mine. Mendo, a C. elegans, has been with me 5 months and this is my first sight of it since the day after it arrived.

Another that I've had for 4 months and not seen is Luzia, an N. chromatus, so imagine the shock I got on opening the tub to find it sitting on the surface :eek:. Mind I think it got just as big a shock as it scooted back down below. It's a good 0.75'' now so I guess there must be a couple of old exos buried in the substrate. Hopefully I may get to see it's sac mate Zingu soon too.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Another that I haven't seen much of appeared this morning, I guess they're growing up lol. This time it was my Ami sp Panama, Palma

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Davus fasciatus (Cyclosternum fasciatum), Beck

T. gigas, Cayenne

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@sym I thought you might be interested in the new extension to my H. sp Midnight Blue's home. It began with a hole behind the cork bark and grew upwards, covered in substrate but over the last week it has made this amazing tunnel across the top of the container.

Latest posts