• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
eaFNM7K.jpg

Full disclosure: I bought this because it was a Homoeomma sp blue and it felt like the closest thing that I'd be able to find to a Homoeomma chilensis. I believe it's now been reclassified as a Thrixopelma cyaneolum, so it's not quite that close. It's a confirmed male and it's been really great to watch. It's a great eater and has never been in its hide, even though it's right there. Definitely a good pickup.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
AvL2xAO.jpg

The Brachypelma albiceps was very high on the list of spiders I wanted. At the top, though, was this Homoeomma chilensis. The opportunities popped up a few times, but they were always so tiny. So very tiny. My luck with very tiny spiders is not great. Still, the opportunity presented itself, again, this time through @Casey K. and I decided to roll the dice. This one has been a champ. I worry that I'll screw it up some how, but so far this little one has been super accomodating.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
Z6YZkLw.jpg
I do and say a lot of really dumb things. "I'm never getting an old world tarantula" is right up there. This is actually my second OBT. The first one molted and died the next day. It was such a bummer. I picked this one up after a lot of internal debate. It's beautiful. The not-so-clear plastic container really mutes the orange color. This one pops. Unfortunately, it's also a pet hole. I very, very rarely see it.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
ZNwYpJr.jpg

I love old worlds. This Hysterocrates gigas can supposedly swim. That's really cool. It's also a voracious eater.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
And then there's the non tarantulas that have managed to appear in my collection.

MqyidxZ.jpg

I could watch these Blue Death Feigning Beetles all day. They're constantly moving and doing random things. I have four in the enclosure. As easy as tarantulas are to care for, these are even easier.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
0dlG4hU.jpg

One of my great regrets is that I have two Velvet Spiders and this is the best picture I could get. My Eresus walckenairi is another pet hole. It lives in a tuft of moss and devours anything that passes by. This Eresus sp sidi blue has become more visible, but still hard to see. It's just so tiny. Still, like the other, it shreds food. They both crush any food that comes their way. I wish they weren't ridiculously priced, as I'd love to get more.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
I may bend the rules and get old world tarantulas inspite of inter protest, but I will never, ever, ever get scorpions. No how, no way, no thanks.

nqFPl4G.jpg

OoVMCRR.jpg

So here's Clamps, my Centruroides gracilis. Clamps fears no man nor cricket.

setsunadiava

0dlG4hU.jpg

One of my great regrets is that I have two Velvet Spiders and this is the best picture I could get. My Eresus walckenairi is another pet hole. It lives in a tuft of moss and devours anything that passes by. This Eresus sp sidi blue has become more visible, but still hard to see. It's just so tiny. Still, like the other, it shreds food. They both crush any food that comes their way. I wish they weren't ridiculously priced, as I'd love to get more.
Heyyyy, that’s a pretty enough picture. Only ones of mine I get is when I got them and rehoused them.
Do you happen to have a male too?