• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcome to Tarantula Forum!

WolfieKate

Hello, My name is Kate, I have never cared for a Tarantula before so this is very new. My Spider arrives next week. She is a sub-adult GBB. I became interested through You tube and yes, my own irrational fear of spiders. I have a one in the garden right now that I am trying to ID as in the UK garden spiders are very small and this one is quite large. She sure did make me jump!

In terms of my Tarantula I am going to set up my tank for her with my daughter over the next few days and I got a starter kit which I hope to upgrade if things work out. But starting simple. I considered 3 spiders - the GBB, the Chaco Golden Knee and the Curly Fur. I was drawn to the prolific webbing though my concern is her speed.

Nice to meet you all.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello, My name is Kate, I have never cared for a Tarantula before so this is very new. My Spider arrives next week. She is a sub-adult GBB. I became interested through You tube and yes, my own irrational fear of spiders. I have a one in the garden right now that I am trying to ID as in the UK garden spiders are very small and this one is quite large. She sure did make me jump!

In terms of my Tarantula I am going to set up my tank for her with my daughter over the next few days and I got a starter kit which I hope to upgrade if things work out. But starting simple. I considered 3 spiders - the GBB, the Chaco Golden Knee and the Curly Fur. I was drawn to the prolific webbing though my concern is her speed.

Nice to meet you all.
Welcome to the forum & the hobby.

With your GBB, if she is still a juvenile give her a few inches of substrate, as they often still like to burrow at that age. Give her plenty of webbing points. Keep the substrate dry if she does not burrow & lightly moist if she does & expect to damage her webbing when you remove the lid for feeding etc.

Edited to add..

x.jpg

WolfieKate

With your GBB, if she is still a juvenile give her a few inches of substrate, as they often still like to burrow at that age. Give her plenty of webbing points. Keep the substrate dry if she does not burrow & lightly moist if she does & expect to damage her webbing when you remove the lid for feeding etc.

Edited to add..

x.jpg

Edited to add..

x.jpg
Thank you! I am hoping to attend the show. My daughter is keen too so she sill be helping me out and we will definitely try to attend. Thank you for the substrate advice. That’s great. We’ve got her some branches to web too so fingers crossed she’s happy in her new home.

Obee

Hello! My name is Obee and within the last month or so my girlfriend and I have become completely enamored with tarantulas and have adopted 4. We're both so in love with these animals and I am so excited to be a part of a community devoted to talking about them.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello! My name is Obee and within the last month or so my girlfriend and I have become completely enamored with tarantulas and have adopted 4. We're both so in love with these animals and I am so excited to be a part of a community devoted to talking about them.

Hello Obee, welcome to the hobby and the forum. I hope you'll be happy here. :)

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome @Obee !
What species are you keeping? Got pics?

Obee

Welcome @Obee !
What species are you keeping? Got pics?
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I have an Avicularia avicularia, a Brachypelma boehmei, a Tliltocatl albopilosus, and an Aphonopelma seemanni. I love them all dearly

Attachments

• IMG_9214.jpeg
    IMG_9214.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 29E330B5-C752-4294-9B32-2BF4CF68BEE3.png
    29E330B5-C752-4294-9B32-2BF4CF68BEE3.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6099.jpeg
    IMG_6099.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6078.jpeg
    IMG_6078.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8

FatBadBay

Hello, my name is Michelle and I'm getting back into the hobby after a 7 year hiatus. I used to have 30+ tarantulas but after a life changing event, I gave away all but 2, g. Pulchra and b. Klaasi.

Now I'm in a stable marriage and I want to get back into the hobby. It's a bit overwhelming with all the name changes and such but I'm excited to be back into it.

GarField000

3 Year Member
Hello, my name is Michelle and I'm getting back into the hobby after a 7 year hiatus. I used to have 30+ tarantulas but after a life changing event, I gave away all but 2, g. Pulchra and b. Klaasi.

Now I'm in a stable marriage and I want to get back into the hobby. It's a bit overwhelming with all the name changes and such but I'm excited to be back into it.
Re-Hi .....
Some have changed but not much. The second names have stayed the same with most.
L.sazimai, T.vagans, T.ablopilosus .... The bumba is more a shock to me .. I still call it Bumba cabocla :). Such a nice ring to it. And to be honest .. according to my breeder there are differences. One stays much smaller than the other one. I have no idea but we'll see.

Noodlelove

I'm so happy to meet you. Can't wait to meet the spiders .

xXPartyPoisonXx

;) You guys can use this thread to introduce yourselves as well. It's up to you!
Hi My name is Parker, I'm 14 and I've always been really interested in spiders/tarantulas. I'm planning on getting one soon bc I had one before when I was a bit younger but it died and I've been meaning on buying another one but I've been spending all my money on concert tickets instead.

Latest posts