• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcome to Tarantula Forum!

PhoenixBirdd712

Hello and welcome to Tarantula Forum! I created this site with the hopes that it will one day become a great FREE resource for pet tarantula keepers the world over. Our aim is to maintain a family-friendly place where people can discuss tarantula husbandry online. Please take a minute to register as part of our community and introduce yourself here in this thread or in the Introductions subforum.

Best,

Josh
I have been in the hobby for about 5 years. I started with this hobby to get over my fear of spiders. A C. Versicolor was my first she is a beautiful adult female. I now have around 100 true spiders and turantulas. Although, the majority of mine are true spiders. I have become so entangled (spider joke) with spiders that i have recently gone back to school for my entomology degree since it's hard to find an arachnology degree anywhere lol.Thank you so much for having me. I look forward to being able to gain the knowledge and also expand my collection of turantulas (of course). :)

ryanm7277

Hey there, Ryan here. Find my self researching and getting ready to purchase my first T. Been watching Tom Moran and some other YouTubers. Also been reading on arachnoboards.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey there, Ryan here. Find my self researching and getting ready to purchase my first T. Been watching Tom Moran and some other YouTubers. Also been reading on arachnoboards.

Hello and welcome. :)
If you have any questions just ask.

melodie

Hi everyone! I'm a newish keeper based in New Mexico. I started doing more research on spiders/inverts last year after my life long arachnophobia was getting out of control. Jumping spiders were the gateway - now I have four jumpers and two T's (G. pulchra male / T. albopilosus female) with a growing wishlist! Really enjoying the hobby and appreciate all the great info available here on Tarantula forum!!
You can also find me on insta @arachnegram

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So many of us are recovering Arachnophobes.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello, Melodie welcome to the forum & the hobby.

mezzanine_915.jpg

Derbarbarian

Hi All, my name is Dieter, I'm from the Seattle area and I just received my first Theraphosa blondi, I've had a couple of other tarantulas in the past and I've always wanted a Goliath Bird Eater, so I finally pulled the trigger and got one!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi All, my name is Dieter, I'm from the Seattle area and I just received my first Theraphosa blondi, I've had a couple of other tarantulas in the past and I've always wanted a Goliath Bird Eater, so I finally pulled the trigger and got one!

Hello Dieter, welcome. :)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to the forum.

Wolfury

Hello everyone, thought I'd join up as I've been lurking for a while. Whilst right now I don't own any T's In the past I Had:

A Chilean rose (Grammostola rosea) This was my 1st T which I had since it was a tiny sling and got to 6".

A Mexican fireleg (Brachypelma boehmei) This one was about 3"and also owned since it was a sling.
And a Starburst Baboon (Heteroscodra maculata) which was only a 1cm sling.

Unfortunately In lost my house and I can't keep pets where i now reside. In the past I've had all sorts of pets as well as tarantula's, these include: praying mantises, scorpions, millipedes and assassin bugs. I also bred dubia's, hissers, mealworms and waxworms (these were twice the size of store bought and i'd highly recommend breeding them). In addition to the inverts I had a bearded dragon, a columbian rainbow boa and a Jack russell terrier. I was proper devastated when i had to give up my dog, I can't wait to get a new one.

Good news is I'm going to be moving again before Christmas and hopefully I'll be able to keep a few exotics again and another Jack russell (my favourite breed of dog, the're so mischievous, hehe).

Anyway, cool forum guys and gals. Takecare!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I hope your move goes to plan and you can keep some pets at your new place.

spidermite

Hello and welcome to Tarantula Forum! I created this site with the hopes that it will one day become a great FREE resource for pet tarantula keepers the world over. Our aim is to maintain a family-friendly place where people can discuss tarantula husbandry online. Please take a minute to register as part of our community and introduce yourself here in this thread or in the Introductions subforum.

Best,

Josh
Hello all I'm spidermite .

I've always been interested in bugs, no matter the leg count, and the relationship to the ecosystem. Some bugs freak me out like roaches ,but I'm dealing with that while raising Dubias. The only spiders I have issue with are my namesake.I have attempted to raise household spiders multiple times in my younger years , from wolf spiders in jars, to a black widow I kept in a fish tank.
I bought my youngest a curly hair for a pet and did not do my research and failed terribly, I didn't look at tarantulas seriously again for maybe 3 years.
Almost 2 years ago I picked up a male and female P. Metallica on sale(I will not be breeding them), again not knowing much. Than I got heavy into research always listening to instructional videos and podcasts while at work for months on end. I started slowly collecting more, as I got increasingly confident after learning I had jumped into the deep end of the hobby so to speak. We have a rule in the house to treat all our tarantulas with the same respect we show our original pokies.
My girlfriend who is a snake person has gotten super into the building and decorating enclosures part of the hobby and is in the spider closet nearly as much as I am.
We now keep 32 tarantulas , 30 of them started off as 1/8-3/4 inch slings that are now all pushing close to 3 inches with adult colors!
PXL_20230219_230045134.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello all I'm spidermite .

I've always been interested in bugs, no matter the leg count, and the relationship to the ecosystem. Some bugs freak me out like roaches ,but I'm dealing with that while raising Dubias. The only spiders I have issue with are my namesake.I have attempted to raise household spiders multiple times in my younger years , from wolf spiders in jars, to a black widow I kept in a fish tank.
I bought my youngest a curly hair for a pet and did not do my research and failed terribly, I didn't look at tarantulas seriously again for maybe 3 years.
Almost 2 years ago I picked up a male and female P. Metallica on sale(I will not be breeding them), again not knowing much. Than I got heavy into research always listening to instructional videos and podcasts while at work for months on end. I started slowly collecting more, as I got increasingly confident after learning I had jumped into the deep end of the hobby so to speak. We have a rule in the house to treat all our tarantulas with the same respect we show our original pokies.
My girlfriend who is a snake person has gotten super into the building and decorating enclosures part of the hobby and is in the spider closet nearly as much as I am.
We now keep 32 tarantulas , 30 of them started off as 1/8-3/4 inch slings that are now all pushing close to 3 inches with adult colors!
View attachment 70212

I also have snakes, just 2 now but many more tarantulas.

spidermite

I also have snakes, just 2 now but many more tarantulas.
Sweet , I personally only have a 2 year old Brazilian rainbow boa he is so fun, and my girlfriend has a female, about 4 more years and we may pair them .

My oldest daughter has a hognose, and my youngest a Kenyan sand boa.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sweet , I personally only have a 2 year old Brazilian rainbow boa he is so fun, and my girlfriend has a female, about 4 more years and we may pair them .

My oldest daughter has a hognose, and my youngest a Kenyan sand boa.

I used to keep Rainbows but now I just have a Hognose and a Royal Python (Ball Python)

Latest posts