• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcome to Tarantula Forum!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello and welcome to Tarantula Forum! I created this site with the hopes that it will one day become a great FREE resource for pet tarantula keepers the world over. Our aim is to maintain a family-friendly place where people can discuss tarantula husbandry online. Please take a minute to register as part of our community and introduce yourself here in this thread or in the Introductions subforum.

Best,

Josh

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi 60 year old hear just started in this hobby as I had a rosy bought for me birthday. I am hoping I will learn a lot on how to care for him or her by joining this forum.

Welcome John, Feel free to ask any questions you might have and we'll be sure to get you well on your way to your second Tarantula.

Richard Ray

3 Year Member
Hello everyone, new to the forum, I have been reading a lot of the post and there seems to be a lot of good advice on here, and very friendly. We have 10 T's so far. My fav is one I got from a pet store in Sarasota, Fl. She was abused badly while there. She is missing a whole leg and part of another, But in all she has a wonderful temperament and loves to be hanging out with us on one of our shoulders. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the people here and making some friends.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi, welcome to the forum. What ts have you got ? What happened to the one who was abused? That is terrible but nice to hear that she is happy now.

Richard Ray

3 Year Member
I have (all common names) 2 rose hairs, 2 brazilian white knee slings, 3 Mexican red knee slings, 1 Mexican red rump, 1 Chaco golden knee, and 1 pink toe (btw- just picked it up Sunday and it molted Tuesday morning). The one that was abused is one of the rose hairs, she was molting and one of the employes at the store pulled her molt off before she was finished. It's so sad these pet stores will let just anyone tend to all the different animals with them not knowing how to take care of them.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello everyone, new to the forum, I have been reading a lot of the post and there seems to be a lot of good advice on here, and very friendly. We have 10 T's so far. My fav is one I got from a pet store in Sarasota, Fl. She was abused badly while there. She is missing a whole leg and part of another, But in all she has a wonderful temperament and loves to be hanging out with us on one of our shoulders. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the people here and making some friends.
Welcome to the forum Richard :)

Latest posts