• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pandemic!!!

Mr. P

3 Year Member
Save.png

regalis

Heard a Dr. on TV say to have inner peace we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things I’d started and hadn’t finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum.
Ok..... I take the dad jokes thing back..... I just stole this and sent it to a few people :p

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
:( :( :(

Just don't touch your face when you have a long line. Shouldn't your company make hand sanitizer available to everyone working with the public?

My company has been useless! They have tried to make it available but where we normally sell 3 types of sanitizer (large + 2 pocket size) we have only had 2 deliveries in since the shortage of sanitizer. Like 12 pocket size each time. So one had been placed on each till. Is used within a day and there isn't another in stock. I've been bringing in my personal, which is running out. I've had a handful of desperate customers asking for a dab of it (my own), when they see me take it out and I have, though I hold the bottle. It is cheeky but I can't be mean. They haven't been able to buy any for weeks due to the shortage.

I have been wearing latex gloves which I sanitise often (we have a good anti-bacterial virus destroying cleaning fluid which is perfect for this) and change regularly. They tried to stop me wearing them giving the reason that they can harbour virus for longer. This is true if you are not changing and disinfecting them regularly and touching your face. I told them that and said I wasn't going to stop wearing them. Other team members are wearing them now. I'm glad they are, as an Italian doctor gave an interview from his hospital bed claiming he caught Covid from when his hospital ran out of gloves leaving him no choice but to treat the infected without gloves. He caught it despite regular hand washing.

The UK is on lockdown now. I'm only allowed to go to work, out for exercise 1x per day and to get groceries/medicines. Mental isn't it seeing as this virus didn't exist (or at least wasn't known) prior to December 19!! Unfortunately, where I live is within the hotspot in Wales. !

E

ExMember

My company has been useless! They have tried to make it available but where we normally sell 3 types of sanitizer (large + 2 pocket size) we have only had 2 deliveries in since the shortage of sanitizer. Like 12 pocket size each time. So one had been placed on each till. Is used within a day and there isn't another in stock. I've been bringing in my personal, which is running out. I've had a handful of desperate customers asking for a dab of it (my own), when they see me take it out and I have, though I hold the bottle. It is cheeky but I can't be mean. They haven't been able to buy any for weeks due to the shortage.

I have been wearing latex gloves which I sanitise often (we have a good anti-bacterial virus destroying cleaning fluid which is perfect for this) and change regularly. They tried to stop me wearing them giving the reason that they can harbour virus for longer. This is true if you are not changing and disinfecting them regularly and touching your face. I told them that and said I wasn't going to stop wearing them. Other team members are wearing them now. I'm glad they are, as an Italian doctor gave an interview from his hospital bed claiming he caught Covid from when his hospital ran out of gloves leaving him no choice but to treat the infected without gloves. He caught it despite regular hand washing.

The UK is on lockdown now. I'm only allowed to go to work, out for exercise 1x per day and to get groceries/medicines. Mental isn't it seeing as this virus didn't exist (or at least wasn't known) prior to December 19!! Unfortunately, where I live is within the hotspot in Wales. !

That sucks! In my city everyone is out of all kinds of worms! Good thing I stocked up a bit but will run out soon. Looking at breeding as I do have some beetles.

E

ExMember

Somewhere in Canada, some keeper has a fridge full of worms!!
That's me! But when your jeweled lacerta eats 50 worms a day they don't last long! Ah...who am I kidding he would eat a thousand in a sitting if he could! Voracious little bugger :D

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
My work has started to furlough employees. I'm hoping to escape this since I'm the sole earner for my little family of 3 plus our animals. It's scary for sure.

Soulman

I was also wearing a tin foil hat the other day and completely agree
Maybe it's not good to joke,but what is smoking.all the problems that are related to it.But do the government stop it no.We all no the health risks.so does the government.must be to do with money.? One forum has removed the subject and by doing so it's upset some members,to the point that they wish to be,no part of it.The point the forum made,members like to go on the forum to forget about life's troubles ect. When this is over big fundraising concert,run the marathon all people together and the T -shirts. mine will say Covid19 free and single.

E

ExMember

Hopefully as part of stating open the supply chain for live food remains on track
screenshot of business that can remain open (for now) in the 3 week lock down.

View attachment 44182
Glad to hear that @Phil ! Went through a cricket shortage in December when all the major chain store's shipments died because of the freezing temperatures. The place I go to sources locally so I cut a deal and he always has crickets for me. I'm a little concerned because our mayor is an idiot and forces some really dumb legislation through.

Latest posts