• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pandemic!!!

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i Consider overhyping a virus and panic buying toilet paper, pasta and cleaning products moronic so if your doing one of those things then I guess I am.
And by your own words “friendly forum, where the nice peoole gather” I agree. But your not doing your part by trying to install panic on every single thread about coronavirus. We get it. Some people have died. Move on.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Can i add my 2 penny worth to this... I'm fed up of everything being about corona virus... In China it has peaked and is now fading out.. Although everyone is becoming there own self proclaimed 'expert' about what may or may not happen... No one can predict the the future this is just another overblown overhyped virus... It has bought out the worst in people when if people stood back and look at the bigger picture none of this stupidity would be going on..hopefully karma will happen as its needed :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So I have just been into Tesco. Honestly it was shocking they had no toilet paper at all. Reluctantly I headed for the customer service and asked if they had any. A firm NO and a look of disgust was the answer. Walking back to the toilets with my pants and trousers around my ankles is a walk I never want to do again.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I haven't been panic buying (apart from maybe tarantulas) but I'm happy to be labelled a moron. I've been called worse. What I don't like, is not being able to debate and share my views about stuff on an open forum, because I'll get shouted down and insulted in the hope that'll shut me up. Why, what's up? Do I not have enough tarantulas? Does my face not fit? Sobs ;)

Can you explain the karma comment? Because I didn't understand that one at all. Do you mean lots of people will die and that's......somehow a good thing, because they had it coming?

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I haven't been panic buying (apart from maybe tarantulas) but I'm happy to be labelled a moron. I've been called worse. What I don't like, is not being able to debate and share my views about stuff on an open forum, because I'll get shouted down and insulted in the hope that'll shut me up. Why, what's up? Do I not have enough tarantulas? Does my face not fit? Sobs ;)

Can you explain the karma comment? Because I didn't understand that one at all. Do you mean lots of people will die and that's......somehow a good thing, because they had it coming?

Never said you were panic buying. But you are overhyping the “pandemic” . You can debate whatever you like. But why on here? On a thread about the BTS? Could have just said you don’t think it’ll go ahead without trying to scaremonger with made up numbers of 8m people WILL be affected. Make another thread in off topic and if the tin hat brigade want to spread their horse manure around in there to each other they can.

Well done for trying to make it a personal attack and then giving childish responses like I don’t think you have enough tarantulas therefore I don’t like you. ( while on the subject I dislike people recommending and telling others what to do with species that they themselves have no experience with when they could just not comment , but hey, it’s easy to google to come across as knowledgeable isn’t it ;)) xx

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Just to explain the karma comment.. People should be pulling together instead they are behaving so selfishly I wasn't aware we are going through some sort of apocalypse.... so yes if people's priorities are look after no#1 they deserve everything they get ;)

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I was replying to Phil's post about the possibility of it being cancelled when you decided to barge in and you know what, I can see you're the type to just scream the loudest until you get your own way/drown everyone else out so I'm not going to go down that road any further.
As far as to your stock insult that you wheel out to anyone you disagree with whose been keeping tarantulas less time than you....... I get my information before I purchase any tarantula by doing my research. I don't just buy a new species blind and think I can go it alone and figure it out by myself. And I've learnt a lot of stuff along the way. What I dont do, is what you accuse me of. . If I have anything I feel is helpful to share and it's about a species I haven't kept, I always say that or say that it is something I've read or heard from someone. Anyone in doubt only has to go back through my posts.
You can try to discredit me all you want. I don't really care. You are just showing your own nasty small mindedness. You call me names then accuse me of being childish/making it personal. The word hypocrite comes to mind.

E

ExMember

So I have just been into Tesco. Honestly it was shocking they had no toilet paper at all. Reluctantly I headed for the customer service and asked if they had any. A firm NO and a look of disgust was the answer. Walking back to the toilets with my pants and trousers around my ankles is a walk I never want to do again.
Damn @Phil that sucks! Could have given you some receipt paper!

DOS1392

Think this one is getting a bit out of hand. To be fair this whole corona virus thing is well over hyped. I couldnt even get the right sized nappies for my little boy as people have bought the lot in 4 differemt shops. I only went to do a nornal small shop, i dont see why everyone is panic buying. I understand those with underlying health issues being worried but all this over hype is just stupid. Its basically the flu plus a little bit worse, if everyone keeps up with good hygene it will pass in time. The flu and common cold have still got a higher death rate. But anyways cant rhis return to the bts now. Hopefully it just gets put on hold and not completely cancelled.

E

ExMember

@Brachyfan @Phil My partner has just informed me (and I'm sure this came from a reliable source) is that the reason why there is a mass shortage of toilet paper is cos when 1 person sneezes, 100's **** themselves
Makes sense!

isn't it also ironic that the one other thing people are buying on mass (dried pasta) is the same thing that causes constipation so you wont need as much toilet roll as you will be unable to sh!t regularly anyway! :cool:
Sounds like one of my leopard geckos! He didn't go for almost a month. Took him to the vet to check for impaction. Nope. Totally healthy. Just uses his "litter box" once every week or two.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't get all this crazy nonsense about stockpiling loo roll and pasta in the uk... But I burst out laughing when I saw the headline as to what consumers in America are buying in there droves... AR-15 ASSAULT RIFLES... I mean come on is this a joke!?!! Lol.. 'Corona virus is coming.. Lets shoot it and anyone that carrys the virus' gotta love it :rolleyes: o_O

Last edited:
E

ExMember

I don't get all this crazy nonsense about stockpiling loo roll and pasta in the uk... But I burst out laughing when I saw the headline as to what consumers in America are buying in there droves... AR-15 ASSAULT RIFLES... I mean come on is this a joke!?!! Lol.. 'Corona virus is coming.. Lets shoot it and anyone that carrys the virus' gotta love it :rolleyes: o_O
I think folks are concerned about the oncoming marshall law.

Mr. P

3 Year Member

It's the doomsday preppers, they always think the world is ending.

E

ExMember

Just talked to my friend that lives in California and he's stuck in a line at the grocery store and has been for hours. The government just shut down the Bay area till April 7th. Severe limitations as to what you can do in public.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
FB_IMG_1584406774782.jpg

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree with @ilovebrachys on this subject. I am tired of hearing about this virus and revolving my life around protecting myself from this thing. Unlike others who may deny it exists, I am more than willing to be the first one to say that it is a big problem, but I am not going to be scared of it or paranoid about it. I'm going to keep living my life as normal. If I have to shut myself in because everything is closed, I have Romeo to keep me company and plenty of netflix, hulu, and HBO to watch.

Yesterday I went to the new bakery that opened up in town last year and bought some cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I actually asked them what their policy was going to be concerning this thing, deliveries aren't being ruled out, which means more sweets for this shut in (I have always been a shut in).

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My wife worked Friday & Saturday nights this last weekend. She is a mental Health Liaison Nurse at the local General Hospital. A big part of her role is making assessments of patients with mental health needs, or potential needs, in A & E.

She said A & E was incredibly quiet this weekend. Normally they spend the night, especially weekend nights, accepting referrals for later assessments, or saying we cannot see them, or currently accept them, as they have drugs in their system or because they have a blood alcohol level that is too high for them to make informed decisions & thus for her to make an informed assessment of them.

Latest posts