• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moderators

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
No explanation to me as WHY it was deleted or not..personal info? Fact it was Casey? No reason just gone.

Only thing I could think of would be if @Casey K can give you a list of people she was messaging, could you message them for her giving her email address. They can't read your PMs.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Only thing I could think of would be if @Casey K can give you a list of people she was messaging, could you message them for her giving her email address. They can't read your PMs.
Thanks, sweety, that's a good idea but I really wouldn't want all that trouble put on Psyrocke. They'll just have to wait, lol.....

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Thanks, sweety, that's a good idea but I really wouldn't want all that trouble put on Psyrocke. They'll just have to wait, lol.....
Its fine, I don't mind. And if they want or have questions etc that you can't answer (because you cant access to be clear)...

Though I wonder if I was more vague if it would stay and direct them to PM me or I can do what Enn suggested, its fine. I don't mind but it wouldn't be until later tonight after my kickboxing class.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've had issues with a few people on AB. (One here, so far)....it seems they're like a "group" or a "band" connected together. You know how you're in school and you've got your "groupies" as we call them that you'd hang out with....your riff raff? Lol....that's how I look at all the sharks on AB.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I've had issues with a few people on AB. (One here, so far)....it seems they're like a "group" or a "band" connected together. You know how you're in school and you've got your "groupies" as we call them that you'd hang out with....your riff raff? Lol....that's how I look at all the sharks on AB.

Yes AB is way worse with that feel.

Thankfully, I've only come across one person I don't like on both platforms though its never been directed at me personally.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The only issue is, I can't read my PM's to see who messaged me in order to send them a message letting them know what's going on, lol....

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Lol.....I've introduced a few people to this forum that have come from AB. I hope they are liking it here.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I Googled my way here b/c of the attitude on AB.

I hated it, and I wanted to post in Wanting to Buy/looking for without having to have x amount of posts per month or paying money.

I had heard someone mention it briefly once before, but I love it here so much better.

inverts_unlimited

3 Year Member
About the irminia/cambridgei Casey mentioned. It's most likely a hybrid. We originally thought she was an irminia that was dull and needed to molt. After molting she still looked strange, more like a cambridgei but not quite right. We showed pictures to some highly experienced breeders who thought it could have been a hybrid. We did produce our own irminia and none look like that one did. Mature males of irminia and cambridgei look very similar and it's very likely that someone bred an irminia with a cambridgei. Irminia definitely look like irminia as juveniles.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
About the irminia/cambridgei Casey mentioned. It's most likely a hybrid. We originally thought she was an irminia that was dull and needed to molt. After molting she still looked strange, more like a cambridgei but not quite right. We showed pictures to some highly experienced breeders who thought it could have been a hybrid. We did produce our own irminia and none look like that one did. Mature males of irminia and cambridgei look very similar and it's very likely that someone bred an irminia with a cambridgei. Irminia definitely look like irminia as juveniles.

I wish you had pics of her so we can see what the hybrid looks like. She was sold to me as cambridgei, then sold to you as cambridgei (a female cambridgei you needed)- then when you got her home, you told me she was irminia but that was ok. Then you called a few months later apologizing cuz she molted & stated she was indeed a Cambridgei. It's no one's fault but when you called me and informed me of her change post molt I was glad she was what she was supposed to be (as you wanted). If you had informed me that she was different I would've more than happily made it up to you. I just thought this was an experience for everyone to know that cambridgei do vary in color. The lady that sold her to me was going to start her own business & breeding. I will certainly let her know. You wouldn't happen to still have pics of her, would you?

Thistles

3 Year Member
They need to take a serious look at their boards. Clean things up a little. (Read lot)
Like what? I understand Casey's complaint that she got a temp ban for asterisks, because she did follow the letter of the law if not the spirit. I don't like some of the other posters there, but I don't see what the mods can do about people who are jerks if they aren't breaking rules. Mods have cleaned up threads in ways that help Casey in the past, too. If you join a community, you've gotta follow the rules. If you've got crap in your past and someone brings it up, it isn't the mods' job to whitewash your past. That goes for multiple people I've seen posting complaints here, and y'all know who you are.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Like what? I understand Casey's complaint that she got a temp ban for asterisks, because she did follow the letter of the law if not the spirit. I don't like some of the other posters there, but I don't see what the mods can do about people who are jerks if they aren't breaking rules. Mods have cleaned up threads in ways that help Casey in the past, too. If you join a community, you've gotta follow the rules. If you've got crap in your past and someone brings it up, it isn't the mods' job to whitewash your past. That goes for multiple people I've seen posting complaints here, and y'all know who you are.
It's the way they tend to pick and choose hun. Some folks are downright foul and beyond rude. Rarely is much said about it. Seems like if your one of the elite then the rules don't include you. Please don't get me wrong, some GREAT knowledgeable folks there. I get along with most of them even the self same ones that others complain about. I'm not a doormat but I manage to word things politely enough to avoid issues. AB is usually my first stop for information.
It's just the way they bash folks who dare to ask a simple question...it is insane. There's ways of doing things and any modicum of politeness there seems to be lacking for a large group of folks. And again. Nothing seems to be said to them. I have been admin a few times on various forums ( a gfx forum of several thousand at one point) so I do get it and I know how hard it can be. I just bite my tongue constantly reading the new posts. And yeah. Some of the questions are absurd and frustrating. But that's all part of running a forum of this type.
And if we are honest, once they decide they don't care for you they can be extremely hard to deal with. <3

Edit because my phone is correcting me :/

Last edited:

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes, there are mods that have cleaned up posts of BS on my behalf. There are mods that are helpful and benefit to forums that don't see black or white in the situation but the whole story. There are also mods that are biased or that take their authority to the extreme. I do feel that when I "partially" edited my inappropriate language that it still may have been a rule breaker, however, when you replace an entire word with nothing but asterisks and you get banned for doing so, that's a little out of line. Yes, we are all adults and I'm sure everyone knew what the asterisks meant in place of the "word", itself, but the "children" (if any) I'm sure, had little question marks floating above their heads as to what it meant. Asterisks are no worse than someone saying "F-word" instead of the actual "word", itself (which I've seen several people do on AB and not get banned). If the mod knew the intent of my content and banned me for that alone (cuz he sure as hell couldn't read it), then how come someone can say "F-word" and get away with it when the intent is still the same? Then, after you're banned, you can't get in touch with the other mods on the forum to submit "your end" of the case. They just ban you on a whim if and when they feel like it. I know it's not a court room or anything but being a part of a community should be "fair". If we are going to call ourselves a community, we should act like a community and BE a community. Just my opinion. I do agree with you on some of what you're saying, though. It's hard for mods to keep up with everything when there's over what? 2500-3500 members I suppose on AB?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I know it's hard sometimes to answer the simple questions time and time again but I always remind myself that we all have to start right at the beginning, we've been there. I've learned an awful lot since I came on here and am still learning but I'm always willing to pass on what I've learned to others. It's not just AB, there are other forums just as guilty of intolerance towards beginners/newbies but this is why this is such a great forum, because people here have more patience to give advice no matter how obvious the answer might seem to them.

Latest posts