• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How many of you have bred any type of invertebrate before?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Arachnid or any other kind of invert. I'd like to see how many breeders we have as members on TF! Who's representing??

Youlovejordan

3 Year Member
I never did. That's my main reason for another tarantula. I want a female this time so Pierre can have someone to mate with. I doubt it would work though. Haha.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Why do you doubt it would work? If you provide enough space and the right conditions for their habitat - there shouldn't be much a reason for it not to work!

Brina916

3 Year Member
I was going to let a friend us my male rose hair but I was scared that he would become the females next meal so I changed my mind lol

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I supposed it's not just as easy as letting nature take its course but it always seems like they breed the best and easiest right when you've mastered their husbandry. There's always picky couples though. I remember that from fish breeding!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Crickets count!
Laura, that's pretty cool, how did the scorpion offspring fare?
CrypticSpider, would love to hear more about those projects!

BrianH

3 Year Member
I have had successful sacs from C. marshalli and A. versicolor. Right now I have a female OBT sitting on a huge sac, if all goes well I will have a couple hundred orange bitey things soon. Also I loaned a mm C. fasciatum to a friend of mine.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have paired G pulchra, A sp. Carlsbad Green, C cyaneopubescens, and got a sac out of the GBB. Currently waiting on G pulchra to produce a sac. Hope they drop before they molt.

laurarfl

3 Year Member
Unfortunately, my scorplings did not fare well. It was my first Emperor and many years ago. I don't remember all the details. I lost a few right away, but don't remember why. I do know that I lost the rest during shed because the humidity was too low. Definitely a learning lesson. I just now have the confidence to keep slings and juveniles. Let's just say there is condensation in their enclosures haha. I watch every molt with trepidation.

BrianH

3 Year Member
I have had successful sacs from C. marshalli and A. versicolor. Right now I have a female OBT sitting on a huge sac, if all goes well I will have a couple hundred orange bitey things soon. Also I loaned a mm C. fasciatum to a friend of mine.
I just wanted to add on that my P. murinus sac have starting turning into eggs with legs!

Deftones90

3 Year Member
I've bred some scorps before even though it wasn't really on purpose. They were both communal set ups of C. gracilis and C. sculpturatus. No Ts yet but I'd like to give it a shot at some point.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i have given mature males away to breeders before. my first stud was the most stunning b smithi ever (orinocco) i thought i was doing him a favour finding him a girlfriend but when it came to handing him over i cried hysterical and got in such a state torturing myself with visions of him getting hurt or killed. the breeder ended up giving me a rose hair baby to shut me up. i would love to try breeding but the idea of hundreds of babies to rehome bothers me. i would end up keeping them all

jetfire

3 Year Member
I found a pair of twin-striped stickbugs once, and set them up in a 10 gal tank with a regular screen lid.turned out to be an unwise choice, as the babies EASILY found their ways out and about. I spent days finding them on the blinds, on other herp cages, and in one unfortunate instance, crawling on my arm while I was sleeping. Talk about a rude awakening...
2012-05-12_17-16-19_0.jpg

The pic is of the adult female, the male was 1/3 her size

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have bred many Tarantulas, and emperor Scorpions.
I have bred many Tarantulas, and emperor Scorpions.
Excuse my fourteen computer stupidness but congratulations on your success at breeding t's. Are you in England? If so i am occasionaly looking for knowledgable homes for my mature males. Wont be for a long time as i mostly have slings at the moment.

Latest posts