• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How many of you have bred any type of invertebrate before?

TJB13

3 Year Member
I breed Tarantulas and Emperor scorpions once.
When did you separate your baby emperors from the mother? And did you have any problems with the mother? My momma died a couple days after I took her young, she seemed in good health and no clue why she died. I haven't read of this happening before. Maybe old age, just seemed strange.

TJB13

3 Year Member
That's very interesting. I sure didn't like when it happened. I might try leaving them with her a little longer next time. I read not to but if there well fed I'm not too worried about her eating them. Thanks a lot your the only other person I've heard that happen to.

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
I have paired G rosea, B vagans, B albiceps, G pulchripes, and P subfusca. B vagans molted and the MM molted :confused: and is now 6 months (maybe..) post ultimate molt. I'm still waiting on the G pulchripes to drop...it's been 17 months so I dunno, still waiting to see what the subfusca does, and the albiceps. The G rosea ate her first sac, molted again and was paired with another male. I'm waiting on her too.

TJB13

3 Year Member
That's exciting! I will be on the look out for a male G rosea soon. Would like to expand on tarantula species. A lot of fun and addicting.