• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enn's bunch

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm up to 9 moults in 10 days now, that's almost a third of my lot. Today it was the turn of Sasquatch. my I.hirsutum, it's first moult with me. Now I just have to work out how to get the exo out as it never leaves it's web.

Thivo

3 Year Member
Great... I guess it's their season for molting (Is there a specific seasons for T's to molt? :p)... 'Coz two mo my T's has just molted yesterday and happy to see them doing well...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
2 new Nhandu chromatus arrived this morning. They came in decent sized containers, well packed with kitchen towel, heat pad in the pack along with a bag of substrate and another container with a supply of food, very small crickets. All this cost me the grand total of £12.25 (18.25USD) including shipping.

Luzia

Zingu

The full kit

Thivo

3 Year Member
Nice and healthy Slings... They are really wants to burrow, create their own hide and stayed there for a long time... Then they will surprise you when they came out... they molted already...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nice and healthy Slings... They are really wants to burrow, create their own hide and stayed there for a long time... Then they will surprise you when they came out... they molted already...

Thanks. Yes, I've found that with my other tiny ones but these burrowed so soon, most of my others took a day or 2 before digging down.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Another moult. This time one of my 2 tiny K. brunnipes, Pixie. These 2 terrified me when I got them as they were so tiny but they have both fed well and this is Pixie's second moult with me.

The 1st moult on the left, the other is todays

This pic is Elf, the smaller of the 2. The green tape was put over the air holes which proved too big and Elf escaped through one, luckily I found it. Elf will no doubt moult in a week or 2.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A few new pics

A very hairy I. Hirsutum, Sasquatch after it's moult earlier in the week.

P. irminia, Falcon.

A. sp Aurora, Nacre, has settled well

D. fasciatus, Beck, has stayed on the surface since I rehoused it so at last I get to take some photos of it.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'd not seen my N. sp Guyana, Arawak, for a couple of months and the substrate was rather soggy so I rehoused it onto drier sub and took the chance to get a pic.

Thivo

3 Year Member
For a couple of months... I cannot wait for that long... before one of my B. Albiceps was burrowed and didnt see it for several days... I started to worry, so I slowly dig its burrow and cant find where it is, till I pour all the substrate out into a vasin and cant find where is my Albiceps... So many things comes into my mind... Is it still alive? Does it scapes? But How? Till suddenly on the corner there was a movement and there it is... Hayyssttt... Since then, I always check my T's even they are hiding... I guess I am not addict huh! :D Hahahahaha...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
For a couple of months... I cannot wait for that long... before one of my B. Albiceps was burrowed and didnt see it for several days... I started to worry, so I slowly dig its burrow and cant find where it is, till I pour all the substrate out into a vasin and cant find where is my Albiceps... So many things comes into my mind... Is it still alive? Does it scapes? But How? Till suddenly on the corner there was a movement and there it is... Hayyssttt... Since then, I always check my T's even they are hiding... I guess I am not addict huh! :D Hahahahaha...

Usually as long as food is disappearing and there is movement of the substrate I don't worry too much.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Last night just before 1am I did my last check before bed to find Culli, my O. diamantinensis, on its back in its web. This was my first chance to watch a moult from beginning to end. Culli isn't one to panic when I move its container so I shifted it so I could take some pics along the way. So here are a few of them.

1am

1.21am

2pm

The old Exo

Culli's new clothes this morning

Thivo

3 Year Member
It is nice to watch them molting... I did the same observation as well into my G.Pulchripes just a week ago and I was amazed and wonder how do they feel while molting, after molting... 'Coz what I know after several minutes of molting they are still soft and fragile... I am just guessing that it is painful...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It is nice to watch them molting... I did the same observation as well into my G.Pulchripes just a week ago and I was amazed and wonder how do they feel while molting, after molting... 'Coz what I know after several minutes of molting they are still soft and fragile... I am just guessing that it is painful...

It was a great experience. I wouldn't say it was painful for them unless touched, but I guess stressful and tiring.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
And another, K. brunnipes, Elf, has moulted and I'm really surprised that I managed to spot the Exo as it is sooo tiny.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah it is so tiny... Elf may even pass through to that screen before... He did escaped before on vial... Harry Houdini!?~* :D

Yes it did escape the vial but luckily stayed on the bottom of the ExoTerra vivarium that I keep them in otherwise you're right it would probably have squeezed through the screen. I don't think it will now though.

Latest posts