• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dying t

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
Thanks it looks like she has hurt her leg and she has gone into molt.she has been trying since yesterday afternoon I thought it only a few hours to molt so now I'm worried she may die and n molting.
Yeah, it sounds like she probably had to molt again because of a hurt leg. Sometimes it takes longer than others. I hope it goes well, if it doesn't try to remember that it's not your fault, it happens sometimes. You never really move on from a lost pet but you can learn to love new ones again eventually. Hopefully it'll turn out well though!

James1975

Yeah, it sounds like she probably had to molt again because of a hurt leg. Sometimes it takes longer than others. I hope it goes well, if it doesn't try to remember that it's not your fault, it happens sometimes. You never really move on from a lost pet but you can learn to love new ones again eventually. Hopefully it'll turn out well though!
Thanks I've just got home from work she is still upside down,she has moss on her shall I leave it or move it.she is still alive I can't understand why it's taking a long time.

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
Thanks I've just got home from work she is still upside down,she has moss on her shall I leave it or move it.she is still alive I can't understand why it's taking a long time.

I don’t wanna be negative but if she has been molting for 2 days she is probably dead. I don’t think I’ve had a successful molt take more than 10 hrs after flipping over. That’s just from my experience tho.

James1975

Is she still moving her legs some and could you send another picture?
Her legs are still moving here the pic
IMG_20191010_152417.jpg

James1975

She molted about 2 weeks ago I left her to harden up then she started feeding again.i thing she hurt her leg so she has gone in molt to fix the problem she was dipping her abdomen in the water.her legs are going up and down nothing seems to be happening.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
To be honest, I doubt anyone can tell what’s happening with her under the moss like that. Try to remove as much as you can with your tongs, without pulling or catching any part of her. Do it strand by strand if you have to. Then try to get a good photo of her that clearly shows her head area. Hopefully what’s going on will be easier to see.

I’m not even convinced she is moulting because it was only 2 weeks since her last moult, and it’s unusual though not impossible to moult that quickly just because of a hurt leg. They can moult quicker to regenerate a leg, but after only 2 weeks without even ditching the injured leg seems highly unusual to me. Normally the advice is not to disturb a moulting t so I wouldn't normally say move the moss away, but it's been 2 days of her on her back, can't see a moulting mat but something is clearly not right, so I think unfortunately you will need to move as much away as you can gently.

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
Also possibly try to drop some water on her fangs? Whatever she's doing proper hydration will help, and she hasn't had anything to drink in two days.

James1975

To be honest, I doubt anyone can tell what’s happening with her under the moss like that. Try to remove as much as you can with your tongs, without pulling or catching any part of her. Do it strand by strand if you have to. Then try to get a good photo of her that clearly shows her head area. Hopefully what’s going on will be easier to see.

I’m not even convinced she is moulting because it was only 2 weeks since her last moult, and it’s unusual though not impossible to moult that quickly just because of a hurt leg. They can moult quicker to regenerate a leg, but after only 2 weeks without even ditching the injured leg seems highly unusual to me. Normally the advice is not to disturb a moulting t so I wouldn't normally say move the moss away, but it's been 2 days of her on her back, can't see a moulting mat but something is clearly not right, so I think unfortunately you will need to move as much away as you can gently.
Here is the bad t
15708035609355693996720907048828.jpg

Latest posts