• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dying t

Tschorm

Same here, glad your T is doing better, especially the last picture looks promising. Maybe it was the vaping gear, maybe it was´nt but will not hurt to keep it a little further away =)

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
Could you send another picture today/tomorrow (whenever you're awake/home, we all have different time zones) so we can see how she's doing?

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I think it was more than just the moult, as following the moult she fed and seemed ok enough to be rehoused. Something obviously went wrong sometime after. However, the main thing is she is on the mend and that is absolutely fantastic.
On a side note, I vape myself, though not around them. Luckily, because I also have a cat who has regular flea treatments I'm in the habit of washing my hands before doing anything with the tarantulas. That's sheer luck really, because I may not have thought of doing that otherwise. It may or may not be harmful to them but can't be good for them either lol

James1975

I think it was more than just the moult, as following the moult she fed and seemed ok enough to be rehoused. Something obviously went wrong sometime after. However, the main thing is she is on the mend and that is absolutely fantastic.
On a side note, I vape myself, though not around them. Luckily, because I also have a cat who has regular flea treatments I'm in the habit of washing my hands before doing anything with the tarantulas. That's sheer luck really, because I may not have thought of doing that otherwise. It may or may not be harmful to them but can't be good for them either lol
True.my only concern is she is not moving still stays in the same place.i hope she starts to move around I will give her some time to see if anything changes.here is another pic of her.
15714075377255911257242709047923.jpg

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
True.my only concern is she is not moving still stays in the same place.i hope she starts to move around I will give her some time to see if anything changes.here is another pic of her.View attachment 41447

She will in time. But I don't see a water dish. Needs to be close so if she gets thirsty she doesn't have to go far. Why don't you move away the moss to her right and put a shallow dish by there, a bottle cap will be fine. Don't think she's in immediate risk of dehydration as you were giving her water droplets, but it can't hurt to do so.

James1975

She will in time. But I don't see a water dish. Needs to be close so if she gets thirsty she doesn't have to go far. Why don't you move away the moss to her right and put a shallow dish by there, a bottle cap will be fine. Don't think she's in immediate risk of dehydration as you were giving her water droplets, but it can't hurt to do so.
Ok will do that thanks.anyway I've got a brachypelma hamory juvi the little **** is trying to break out I have never known a t so active,the best bit was I opened the lid to fill the water dish instead of bolting to get out the way the little **** came straight after me instead,its got no fear,but great personality I will put pic up for u to see.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Ok will do that thanks.anyway I've got a brachypelma hamory juvi the little **** is trying to break out I have never known a t so active,the best bit was I opened the lid to fill the water dish instead of bolting to get out the way the little **** came straight after me instead,its got no fear,but great personality I will put pic up for u to see.

I have little smithi and auratum slings. The auratum is always climbing and looking for a way out (though not at the mo as it's in very heavy premoult). The smithi is active, fast and skittish. That's the one that's more likely to bolt out of the enclosure. The auratum tends to hold its ground when I open the lid. Guess who's my favourite lol

James1975

I have little smithi and auratum slings. The auratum is always climbing and looking for a way out (though not at the mo as it's in very heavy premoult). The smithi is active, fast and skittish. That's the one that's more likely to bolt out of the enclosure. The auratum tends to hold its ground when I open the lid. Guess who's my favourite lol
Yes cheeky little things they are I'm looking to get an auratum as well .any way I've put the water by the t and she has had a drink I'm happy.

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
She's probably exhausted after pushing for so long, hopefully soon she'll be well enough to eat! By the way, does she ever stand in the corner half up the wall when she's stressed? Maybe when you first got her or after the rehousing? I don't really understand why but they tend to do it when they're stressed. Mine has a special spot just for it, she stayed there a lot for the first few days I had her and she goes back on the occasion that I have to move her enclosure around (I take her to the fair every year and talk to people about tarantulas. She only even goes to the corner less than half the time we go somewhere!).

James1975

She's probably exhausted after pushing for so long, hopefully soon she'll be well enough to eat! By the way, does she ever stand in the corner half up the wall when she's stressed? Maybe when you first got her or after the rehousing? I don't really understand why but they tend to do it when they're stressed. Mine has a special spot just for it, she stayed there a lot for the first few days I had her and she goes back on the occasion that I have to move her enclosure around (I take her to the fair every year and talk to people about tarantulas. She only even goes to the corner less than half the time we go somewhere!).
Yeah when I rehoused her she was always up the enclosure I think it was to soon to move her after the molt.i hope she will make a recovery.and start eating again.and go back to being a normal a geniculata.

James1975

Yeah when I rehoused her she was always up the enclosure I think it was to soon to move her after the molt.i hope she will make a recovery.and start eating again.and go back to being a normal a geniculata.
I just thought I will up date you on the a geniculata and she has moved from one side of the enclosure to another I'm over the moon.she is on the mend.

James1975

Indeed she definitely looks ok now. It's fine for her not to move around much now. She's been through a stressful moult, an enclosure change and possibly either an injury or chemical exposure ( or maybe neither of those things!). It'll take time to recover but she'll be back to normal in time.

I'm really happy to see her looking so good, she is definitely a stunner and you've done a great job making sure she didn't get dehydrated for all those days that she wasn't moving .
Just to give u an update she has been moving A bit unsteady but she is getting back to the way she was I'm over the moon.

Latest posts