• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Casey K's Tarantulas Review

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I joined that FB group and may just do so, that person is basically in violation of the group rules if he's being a douche canoe and maligning another person (it's in the rules not to do so)

Thank you for doing that. I appreciate it very much. Seems I have a few haters that are trying to ruin my reputation even after they have received everything they paid for and more....on top of my trying to provide the most professional customer service I can. No one is perfect and ever so often there is a mistake made but I always follow through and am more than accommodating when that happens.

rosehaired1979

3 Year Member
They locked it and I did another post I just got to I just told them I knew the seller and he had posted in another place is how I know so much. I always ship FedEx

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They locked it and I did another post I just got to I just told them I knew the seller and he had posted in another place is how I know so much. I always ship FedEx

Yeah but the method I chose to ship with was irrelevant. Their tarantulas were alive and well upon arrival. I'm not responsible for anyone's collection afterwards. His accusations and claims are ludicrous.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you for doing that. I appreciate it very much. Seems I have a few haters that are trying to ruin my reputation even after they have received everything they paid for and more....on top of my trying to provide the most professional customer service I can. No one is perfect and ever so often there is a mistake made but I always follow through and am more than accommodating when that happens.
concur

Argus2005

Today I recieved my P. Metallica from Casey and was very happy. He was packed very nicely both in box and container. Took a moment to wake and was up exploring. Will keep in mind for future finds. Great communication and worked with me on shipping. Thank you Casey!

Scorpio Destructo

As a first time customer of Casey K. I must say I am very satisfied with my purchase! Just got my first sexed female Xenesthis sp. Blue just this morning! Excellent packaging! I am very impressed of how she packed my baby with a cryopack to insure my female wont overheat in transit with this pounding hot summers weather. Very good communication! She doesn't take that long to reply back in business hours. My spider arrived unscathed and very healthy. I definitely would wanna purchase from her again. Thank you very much Casey :)

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just received a female H. devamatha and a female Xenesthis megascopula from @Casey K. yesterday. I was blown away by the stunning T’s and of course they came packaged beautifully, healthy and fat T’s! I am always very content and pleased with the T’s Casey has and her service is quite awesome! I have posted many reviews here for her and I will continue to do so with every purchase because she is top notch and deserves the greatest ratings and abundant clientele. Outstanding as always!
4C43112B-B0D4-4759-AEF6-32074A079D68.jpeg
1414E5F1-66F0-4087-991D-19BD2431234A.jpeg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just received a female H. devamatha and a female Xenesthis megascopula from @Casey K. yesterday. I was blown away by the stunning T’s and of course they came packaged beautifully, healthy and fat T’s! I am always very content and pleased with the T’s Casey has and her service is quite awesome! I have posted many reviews here for her and I will continue to do so with every purchase because she is top notch and deserves the greatest ratings and abundant clientele. Outstanding as always! View attachment 58717View attachment 58718

Thank you so much, Jason! You're awesome as always! :)

l4nsky

3 Year Member
I'm a little late with this, but better late then never. On July 8th, I reached out to Casey in regards to a 0.1 O. sp Hati Hati and a 1.0 P. pulcher she had available, with the hopes to add them to my collection/projects. Her communication was prompt and on point. Both animals were still available and she even gave me the choice of size on the male P. pulcher to better align with my female's molt cycle.

We hit a bit of a snafu in regards to shipping, as my preferred method is FedEx overnight, hold for pickup, which is not a method she uses a lot. The quote through FedEx was astronomically high, but Casey had the idea for me to purchase a shipping label through a 3rd party shipper and send it her way for a scheduled pickup. Having never used a 3rd party or setup shipping myself for tarantulas, I had a bit of a learning curve which she was patient enough to see me through (SYR doesn't have weekend support for scheduling pickups, just FYI).

On July 14th, I picked up the package from my local FedEx Ship Center. The box was well made, well insulated, and well packed. Thanks to the addition of a cool pack, the box temped at 78 degrees when opened, which is no mean feat given it was the middle of a Midwestern Summer. Inside two containers with perfectly moistened paper towels were my two new additions to help round out my Asian Arboreal collection and my Psalmopoeus pulcher breeding project, all in perfect health. A quick and uneventful unpacking quickly followed and I allowed these two to settle into their new enclosures .
20210714_093736.jpg
20210714_095702.jpg

20210714_101018.jpg

20210714_101317.jpg

Since acquiring them, they've settled in nicely. The P. pulcher has molted once in step with my female. He also displays quite the aggressive prey drive and is a joy to feed. The O. sp Hati Hati has made her home in a deep burrow behind her cork bark flat, and while quite reclusive during the day, I consistently see her perched out in the open on her cork bark at night or at the very least, a few legs hanging out the edge of her hide.

Overall, this was quite a pleasant transaction and I greatly appreciated Casey's patience with my anally retentive shipping preferences and the small nightmare it took for me to get everything lined up. I plan on making additional purchases from her in the future (her TF classified ads are typically the first ones I peruse in the forum) and I have recommended her to several acquaintances seeking sexed specimens. She's an excellent tarantula broker and her services are quite helpful in tracking down specific specimens to fill specific holes in the collections of experienced keepers. In short, I have nothing bad to say because there is nothing bad to say. Keep doing what you're doing Casey ;) .

Thanks,
--Matt

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm a little late with this, but better late then never. On July 8th, I reached out to Casey in regards to a 0.1 O. sp Hati Hati and a 1.0 P. pulcher she had available, with the hopes to add them to my collection/projects. Her communication was prompt and on point. Both animals were still available and she even gave me the choice of size on the male P. pulcher to better align with my female's molt cycle.

We hit a bit of a snafu in regards to shipping, as my preferred method is FedEx overnight, hold for pickup, which is not a method she uses a lot. The quote through FedEx was astronomically high, but Casey had the idea for me to purchase a shipping label through a 3rd party shipper and send it her way for a scheduled pickup. Having never used a 3rd party or setup shipping myself for tarantulas, I had a bit of a learning curve which she was patient enough to see me through (SYR doesn't have weekend support for scheduling pickups, just FYI).

On July 14th, I picked up the package from my local FedEx Ship Center. The box was well made, well insulated, and well packed. Thanks to the addition of a cool pack, the box temped at 78 degrees when opened, which is no mean feat given it was the middle of a Midwestern Summer. Inside two containers with perfectly moistened paper towels were my two new additions to help round out my Asian Arboreal collection and my Psalmopoeus pulcher breeding project, all in perfect health. A quick and uneventful unpacking quickly followed and I allowed these two to settle into their new enclosures .
View attachment 59315View attachment 59316
View attachment 59317
View attachment 59318
Since acquiring them, they've settled in nicely. The P. pulcher has molted once in step with my female. He also displays quite the aggressive prey drive and is a joy to feed. The O. sp Hati Hati has made her home in a deep burrow behind her cork bark flat, and while quite reclusive during the day, I consistently see her perched out in the open on her cork bark at night or at the very least, a few legs hanging out the edge of her hide.

Overall, this was quite a pleasant transaction and I greatly appreciated Casey's patience with my anally retentive shipping preferences and the small nightmare it took for me to get everything lined up. I plan on making additional purchases from her in the future (her TF classified ads are typically the first ones I peruse in the forum) and I have recommended her to several acquaintances seeking sexed specimens. She's an excellent tarantula broker and her services are quite helpful in tracking down specific specimens to fill specific holes in the collections of experienced keepers. In short, I have nothing bad to say because there is nothing bad to say. Keep doing what you're doing Casey ;) .

Thanks,
--Matt

Thank you so much for that wonderful and extensive review. I aim to please. I am so glad that your new additions are doing well. Good luck in your future breeding projects and I wish you healthy and productive sacs! :)

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

View attachment 59315View attachment 59316
View attachment 59317
View attachment 59318

Thanks,
--Matt
Just another example of the extent that she, and only she, will go through (sorry Matt, I wouldn't have the patience) for her clientele. Nice to see that both parties had a strong positive experience out of the transaction.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just per suggestion, Maybe we should have sellers disclose the Shipping method they use in their TOS.
Maybe so. My TOS lists it, but it's usually on the buyer to choose UNLESS the seller includes shipping and takes the responsibility and manages expectations around LAG.
I see it both ways, to be fair .

Communication is like dancing a tango, it takes two. Both to provide the right information and ask the right questions. This is a classic alignment issue.

Based on the private conversation the buyer shared (kinda bad form there) it seemed they reached an accord and all worked out well. And to be fair, I've received unprofessional/poorly packaged spiders from many sellers, some commercial ones, too.

Teresaisrad

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Maybe so. My TOS lists it, but it's usually on the buyer to choose UNLESS the seller includes shipping and takes the responsibility and manages expectations around LAG.
I see it both ways, to be fair .

Communication is like dancing a tango, it takes two. Both to provide the right information and ask the right questions. This is a classic alignment issue.

Based on the private conversation the buyer shared (kinda bad form there) it seemed they reached an accord and all worked out well. And to be fair, I've received unprofessional/poorly packaged spiders from many sellers, some commercial ones, too.
I agree with everything you said. Although I did see her most recent listing 9/4/2021 stating she uses FedEx so I am a bit confused, especially since I wanted to buy from her in the future.

(This is no ill will at all, just trying to see if we can update that to avoid any future miscommunication)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thinking about buying from her? Best if you don't. She held 1600 dollars of mine for 4 weeks after she made me take a refund for my order because "she couldn't handle the transaction", I guess she had personal stuff going on. She never sent the refund. After COUNTLESS excuses I found out that she sold an AF A. purpurea to someone else for a higher amount than I paid WHILE she had my money still. She made me take a bunch of animals for payment for this and lied about selling the female to someone else. She claimed she lost it and the female she sold was from someone local at a pet store. I called the store and the owner claimed she had never sold any Purpurea to Casey ever. Just goes to show what type of person she is. If she can take your money and get away with it she will.
I'm smelling some BS here...
You've had your account since April and only have two posts. One to sell stuff and another just now. Why not mention this before in a post??? $1600 and now your speaking up....

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Who cares how she ships it? Her shipping costs that she passes on to the buyer is the best in the business.. She has 8 years of rave reviews, including mine. I have purchased 5 times from Casey. In all cases, excellent transactions and healthy Ts. Finally, it takes a real piece of work to splash PM material over a public site. Casey: my advice..don't text responses to any customer any more. You could get screwed cause most of us
will get pissey and become douche bags when we can.

Latest posts