• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Gonna bump this thread with a pic of one of my absolute favorite tarantulas.
My 5" female Emilia. Love this girl.
BE005.jpg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
2012-12-02 14.22.37.jpg
I know hercules is on here already but he is the easiest of my smithis to photograph as he is always out and about. He is bigger and stripper now!

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I <3 B.smithi's too! Haven't had any luck in finding on near here (unless you count the one that was online for $275...which was a tad out of my price range).

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I <3 B.smithi's too! Haven't had any luck in finding on near here (unless you count the one that was online for $275...which was a tad out of my price range).
omg what a joke. I paid sixteen pound for my slings, I would never pay a lot of money for a big/old t when slings are so cheap. Hope you find a nice little one soon!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Rubbish picture of flamenco ( aka flame or menc or minxy) its a bad picture but I didn't want to leave her out as she is quite sweet and funny but I never get good pics of her.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
omg what a joke. I paid sixteen pound for my slings, I would never pay a lot of money for a big/old t when slings are so cheap. Hope you find a nice little one soon!
Thanks! My son has fallen in love with B.smithi. I know they are slow growers, but I think we would both love to watch it grow up; so hopefully will find some slings close by or I will probably order online once the weather warms up.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Yeah that's to high for even a fully grown female.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would expect T's to be a bit more expensive here, as the hobby (and subsequent community) is very small....but $275 seemed outrageous to me, especially when I asked if it had been sexed and their response was "I don't think we'd know how to do that" lol.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would expect T's to be a bit more expensive here, as the hobby (and subsequent community) is very small....but $275 seemed outrageous to me, especially when I asked if it had been sexed and their response was "I don't think we'd know how to do that" lol.
That's not very professional. I think you would really love a b smithi sling they are very cute.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I definitely won't buy ANY T's from that store (actually won't even buy crix there now), they are housed in horrible conditions; that coupled with their lack of knowledge will make sure I steer very clear from that shop.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I definitely won't buy ANY T's from that store (actually won't even buy crix there now), they are housed in horrible conditions; that coupled with their lack of knowledge will make sure I steer very clear from that shop.
I don't know how they get away with it, should be shut down or blown up.