• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avicularia.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't think Cupid is a avicularia, he's got a green tinge which my others don't have. He is still insecure about being in a bigger enclosure so I left his deli cup in there, he can sit in there if he wants. I will throw it away when he's not looking .

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I'm not sure how to tell them apart at such a young age, but I will say that mine has a nice green iridescent shine on its lower extremities now that it has molted. That shine wasn't there before and could just be something fades away in pre-molt. I'm not sure.

DeniseLeandra

3 Year Member
I recently purchased my second pink toe tarantula, but instead of building a web and staying on the walls, she just sits on the ground in between the leaves of the fake plants. I thought maybe she was hungry , and waiting for prey but she's already eaten three crickets this week. She's still fairly young, but not a spiderling. I just want to know if theres anything i need to change in the enclosure, she seems rather comfortable on the ground though.
She also has a heating pad under her enclosure, may that be the reason why? is she cold? should i take some of the substrate out?

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I doubt she's cold, but may be using the heat from the heating pad to up her metabolism since she has fed. I notice that mine hangs completely upside down on top of its enclosure after it eats and now after it molted. I'm assuming this is to collect as much heat from the lamp as possible. Once it's satisfied with the heat it moves back down to its normal hide.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Now that Aether has eaten since molting (a large female cricket one day, a superworm the next... the pig), I decided to show off a bit. :)
image.jpg
image.jpg

The colors in these pink toes just makes me want many, many more.

Latest posts