• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avicularia.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks :) That would be awesome! Not too many people around me (that I've found so far, anyhow) that are in the hobby. Would LOVE to breed her (still hoping that it is female) eventually :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks :) That would be awesome! Not too many people around me (that I've found so far, anyhow) that are in the hobby. Would LOVE to breed her (still hoping that it is female) eventually :)
You ought to look for a partner then. I showed the pics to my Aviva and they all liked her. I don't know the sex of any of my ts I'm sort of scared of finding out in a way but I would like to breed from some of them one day so will have to find out eventually. Mine all have lovely temperaments and I think they would be lovely parents.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You ought to look for a partner then. I showed the pics to my Aviva and they all liked her. I don't know the sex of any of my ts I'm sort of scared of finding out in a way but I would like to breed from some of them one day so will have to find out eventually. Mine all have lovely temperaments and I think they would be lovely parents.
I bet our T's would make beautiful babies! Karina is a gentle soul as well!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I bet our T's would make beautiful babies! Karina is a gentle soul as well!
Your making me want to but another one :) it could be my Christmas present to myself and I can call it good king wenceslas as my avics have king names. Someone asked why Herod is called Herod and asked if he was evil and I said no he is a king but if you take the d away he is a hero

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have already been keeping my eyes open for new babies to treat myself to for my bday/xmas lol

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Here's a few Avics.

A. laeta with sac
DSCF0014_00.jpg

A. diversipes
DSCF0142.jpg

Avicularia sp. Kwitara river
DSCF0001_00-1.jpg

A. versicolor
DSCF1188.jpg

Avicularia sp. Guyana/avicularia/whatever they are being called these days
DSCF0109.jpg

Another
DSCF0008-17.jpg

Avicularia sp. metallica (possibly the same species as Kwitara river)
DSCF0020-8.jpg

A. minatrix
100_1999.jpg

Avicularia sp. aurantiaca
DSCF0033.jpg

A. purpurea
DSCF0008-11.jpg

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
/drools! Those are gorgeous spiders! I've just added sp. kwitara, sp. guyana and minatrix to my list!!! Maybe my whole collection will just end up being Avics, lol

Atx13

3 Year Member
That A. purpurea is amazing! and the Avicularia sp. aurantiaca, good lord! Not to mention that A. laeta, i might be addings a few more Avics to the collection in the very near future, thanks for sharing the pics!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
/drools! Those are gorgeous spiders! I've just added sp. kwitara, sp. guyana and minatrix to my list!!! Maybe my whole collection will just end up being Avics, lol
I love the one with the egg sac, that's amazing. She looks so sweet but if you try to touch that egg sac, she will kill you. They are all lovely tho.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I need to get a female A. Avic.. my poor little guy is just withering away :(.
Oh that's well sad, there are loads for sale near me and I have a feeling at least one of mine are female despite the bloke names. We should start a tarantula dating agency.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Oh that's well sad, there are loads for sale near me and I have a feeling at least one of mine are female despite the bloke names. We should start a tarantula dating agency.
I had the chance to a Mature female A. Avic, but my girlfriend was nervous she would eat our male, and said no... but now she said we should breed him :rolleyes:.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I had the chance to a Mature female A. Avic, but my girlfriend was nervous she would eat our male, and said no... but now she said we should breed him :rolleyes:.
Omg, is it too late to get that one now? I really hope you find one for him and make sure you get pick of the litter when the babies hatch. No one will be eaten if you keep an eye on them. I hope to breed some of mine one day, I want to name my house Chile rose farm.

Latest posts