• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Venda, the Ceratogyrus darlingii has moulted

DSCF1738 (3).JPG

gognomie

My n.incei.
I didn't even know the little darling was in premolt, it's been acting normal, caught it outside a few times, not swollen, fed it two days ago and it ate like a ravenous boar in a famine and then today I find a molt on the surface.
It is a fairly fast-growing species so I swear it's grown some every time I see it, but gosh son, you only just got a molt done it November.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Is the ruler cm or inches?

Cm's.. I have them since the Eastern Invert show at Bedford & this is the first molt I have noticed & they are around 0.75 of a cm. My C olivaceum (European tarantula) by contrast I acquired just before Christmas at a similar size & they are now twice the size of the chilensis.

The more I read & learn, the more I find the diversity fascinating.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Cm's.. I have them since the Eastern Invert show at Bedford & this is the first molt I have noticed & they are around 0.75 of a cm. My C olivaceum (European tarantula) by contrast I acquired just before Christmas at a similar size & they are now twice the size of the chilensis.

The more I read & learn, the more I find the diversity fascinating.
Makes you wonder how they survive in the wild, being so tiny for so long. Have yours burrowed?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Makes you wonder how they survive in the wild, being so tiny for so long. Have yours burrowed?

No they are always out in the open. I do have some small pieces of coconut husk in there for cover, but take the lid off & they are out & saying hello.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congrats I bet that was a very welcome sight.

VERY welcome sight. Yes. I brought them at the Eastern Invert Show in Bedford back in September, togther with 2 johnnycashi slings & this is the first molt I have been aware of. All 4 slings are bold & always out & about.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
VERY welcome sight. Yes. I brought them at the Eastern Invert Show in Bedford back in September, togther with 2 johnnycashi slings & this is the first molt I have been aware of. All 4 slings are bold & always out & about.
You've done great with them fair play :)

Latest posts