• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
myq3GSf.jpg

OBT molted at some point. I'm not sure when, because it's been tucked away behind dirt curtains, but it pushed its molt towards one of the entrances. Hopefully it'll push it out into the open so that I can retrieve it. The photo doesn't do the bright orange color any justice.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The weather must be warming up.

Both of our Nhandu carapoensis. One a sling, one a juvi, molted over last night.
And now this evening I find our Omothymus violaceopes has also molted & is in need of rehousing.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
There's definitely something in the air.

pwqvjqa.jpg

Tliltocatl albopilosus

scq7o1k.jpg

Hysterocrates gigas

AMeutS8.jpg

???? This was sold to me as a Grammostola pulchra. It's not. It's definitely an old world. It's possibly a Chilobrachys huahini. It's a cool little guy that's webbed the living crap out of its enclosure, whatever it is.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Is this classed as a molt or a shed? :D

Just noticed Mr Noodle, my childrens python has had his first shed with me. Came off in a single piece.
View attachment 65555

I'd call it a shed. I wish your Childrens Python would teach my Royal how to do it in one I've never had a complete shed from him in the 7 years I've had him.

x_raphael_xx

I'd call it a shed. I wish your Childrens Python would teach my Royal how to do it in one I've never had a complete shed from him in the 7 years I've had him.
I suspected he was due a shed, but didn't even see him in blue.
I have a humid hide in his enclosure, not sure if that helped. He shed inside his cave which surprised me, I assumed it would be outside where he could rub against something.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I suspected he was due a shed, but didn't even see him in blue.
I have a humid hide in his enclosure, not sure if that helped. He shed inside his cave which surprised me, I assumed it would be outside where he could rub against something.

My Royal has always shed in his hide until his last one but even that was shredded.

Latest posts