• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

x_raphael_xx

Mithrandir the p.vittata molted I’m guessing a day or 2 ago.
I’m not getting this old suit!
View attachment 65566
Well he tidied up today and threw his molt out.
Little torn up but looks like a male.
D0B7A0EB-E54C-4F4D-850C-5AF867A538E3.jpeg

Also Queen Gohma molted this morning too! She’s now out of her sling clothes and got a little fluff!
Normally she’d duck back into her burrow but she placed her web mat over the entrance so I got a rare pic!

F15BA0A3-41AB-471F-93F1-FBF435E67C21.jpeg

The molt in the pot was her first molt with me :)

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
I've been away for a week and came back to a few molts.

5KaNQSi.jpg

My tiny Aphonopelma chalcodes is ever so slightly less small.

RKzryw4.jpg

Haplocosmia himalayana molt is out, but no spider to be seen. I hope it's getting adult coloration.

0Bx7Deq.jpg

Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli has a little more size on it as well, though I only very briefly saw it before it shot into its hiding spot.

zLylSzp.jpg

Acanthoscurria geniculata is bigger and has some decent stripes going now.

H13R8JJ.jpg

And finally, as I type this, my Grammostola actaeon is in the process of shedding the old skin. It seems to be doing ok so far. Fingers crossed.

Tarantulafeets

5KaNQSi.jpg

RKzryw4.jpg

Haplocosmia himalayana molt is out, but no spider to be seen. I hope it's getting adult coloration.

0Bx7Deq.jpg

Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli has a little more size on it as well, though I only very briefly saw it before it shot into its hiding spot.

zLylSzp.jpg

H13R8JJ.jpg

And finally, as I type this, my Grammostola actaeon is in the process of shedding the old skin. It seems to be doing ok so far. Fingers crossed.
Your A genic looks more like a Brachypelma to me...

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

5KaNQSi.jpg

RKzryw4.jpg

0Bx7Deq.jpg

zLylSzp.jpg

H13R8JJ.jpg

Your Acanthoscurria geniculata looks more like a Brachypelma auratum to me...... :)

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
c84Oeol.jpg

About a month ago, my Davus pentaloris went underground and disappeared. Yesterday I found this molt outside of the burrow. I would love to see what it looks like now. Last time, the orange coloration was incredible. As for now, I have a freshly molted pet hole.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
wCJlKf4.jpg

Avicularia avicularia freshly molted and safely tucked away in its web fortress.

27oRHCL.jpg

Caribena versicolor currently molting. It looks a little darker than before. I wonder if the adult coloration is starting to come through.

Latest posts