• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

paulcfc

Left her alone for a few days after the molt...and she's definately grown!

Attachments

• my smithi.jpg
    my smithi.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yesterday was a busy molt day.
GBB, large sling.
N chromatus. Juvi.
C huahini. large sling.

And my H chilensis, which still looked tiny, when it molted about 2 weeks ago. Now looks a lot bigger & more colourful & clearly now needs rehoming. Preferably to something I can take the lid off, without it going walkabout from.

prince charmless

Spoke to a friend today. She also had a bunch of molts last week, and her Brachypelma Amelia this morning. Is there something in the air? Or is it just that it's summer?

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
There was a twofer for me today. Came home about 4 pm to find my G. pulchripes in the last stages of her molt. A few hours later I checked on my G. pulchra (one of Casey K's) in her dark cave (exposed to one side of the enclosure) and I saw a molt).

Oh, it seems like pulchripes is trying to drag molt into her webbed up cave. Not sure. But if so, should I stop her or eventually will she bring it out. This is actually the first above ground molt I have seen.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Spoke to a friend today. She also had a bunch of molts last week, and her Brachypelma Amelia this morning. Is there something in the air? Or is it just that it's summer?
It's summer.

There was a twofer for me today. Came home about 4 pm to find my G. pulchripes in the last stages of her molt. A few hours later I checked on my G. pulchra (one of Casey K's) in her dark cave (exposed to one side of the enclosure) and I saw a molt).

Oh, it seems like pulchripes is trying to drag molt into her webbed up cave. Not sure. But if so, should I stop her or eventually will she bring it out. This is actually the first above ground molt I have seen.

Some Ts like to decorate their hides with bits off their moults. She will probably throw out what she doesn't want in a few weeks.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks Enn49, but once again I jumped the gun. She was just reminiscing with it briefly before walking away from it. Or maybe I jumped the gun again and took away her decorations too early. Lol.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It is summer. This was what happened over a couple of weeks last summer.

Attachments

• moltplatea..jpg
    moltplatea..jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 8