• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Jenniferinfl

My C. versicolor spiderling molted. I'm pretty relieved that it made it to a molt. I got this one over a month ago and it hasn't seemed able to successfully eat. I was giving it fruit flies and it chased them a bit, but, didn't eat them. Then I was offering prekilled crickets right into the web tube and it jumped on them for like a second and then gave up.

I'm not sure what was wrong with it, but, it had a pretty small abdomen and wasn't either willing or able to eat. I don't know if it had a sucking stomach issue or a fang issue or what. Or maybe it was just already in premolt despite being on the thin side.

I guess this molt could have gone as badly as the previous, but, it made it out of the molt with all it's legs and stuff, so, fingers crossed this fixed whatever was wrong. It did manage to put on a little bit of size too, so, hopefully in a few days it will actually be able to eat.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Finally, about a week after I noticed Harrison Bottom, my G. rosea, sporting a new coat, his molt was outside his T-cave. The disabled superworm I had left there was gone too. Hopefully eaten, although those superworms can be tricksy; seemingly immobile one moment then burrowing quickly the next.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm guessing this one was about a week ago, my Chilobrachys Fimbriatus sp. Violet, Ashoka

DSCF5081.JPG

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Finally, about a week after I noticed Harrison Bottom, my G. rosea, sporting a new coat, his molt was outside his T-cave. The disabled superworm I had left there was gone too. Hopefully eaten, although those superworms can be tricksy; seemingly immobile one moment then burrowing quickly the next.
Harrison Bottom: awesome name!!!!

shaun

3 Year Member
G.pulchra finally molted. Being waiting months, and assumed that there was a problem. Expected it to die from compacted abdomen but has now changed from brown sling to black sling.
Awesome!

Latest posts