• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's your Tarantula's name?

laurarfl

3 Year Member
I would also like to ask, "How did you come up with your T's name?" There is usually a story behind a name. My new littles will be Fluffy and Nibbles. My daughter thinks those names are ironic.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
agreed - it would be great to hear the back story on some of these names!

NudistApple

3 Year Member
Lachesis is the name of one of the three Fate Sisters. It's an old fable. There are three sisters who weave the threads of peoples lives, Clotho spins the thread, Lachesis decides the length, and The Unturnable snips.

jetfire

3 Year Member
You already know mine, from earlier in the thread. Yes,I named my T after my severely arachniphobic ex-wife, just to irritate her. Just some good, good stuff, especially since I was never allowed to own any spiders while we were married

Donk

3 Year Member
G.Rosea shes called Incy (id like to say I didnt pick it my daughter did!) I suhggested changing it and the little darling smiled and replied with "Dad shes my trantula if you want to have your own with a different name thats ok with me but that is Incy"....bl**dy 5 year olds!

LindaMichelle420

3 Year Member
We have 24 T's
Pandora- P. Metallica
Nemesis- OBT
Artemis- White Banded
Harley Quinn- White Banded
Morticia - Hondoran Curly Hair
Jigsaw - Haitian Brown (M)
Axle - Rose Hair
Riddik - Red Rump
Azrael - Tiger Rump
Razi - Black Dwarf
Diablo - Mexican Fireleg
Ripley - Chilobrachys Discolus (F)
Loki - Costa Rican Zebra
Hades - Pink Zebra
Vorhees - Chaco Golden Knee (he has a spot on his rump that looks just like Jason's mask)
RedRum - Red Rose Hair
Krueger - Orange Tree Spider
Dragula - Brazilian Salmon
Carnage - Brazilian B&W
Aznarrac - Brazilian R&W
Mortis - Oklahoma Brown
Lecter - Ornamental Baboon
Venom - Trinidad Chevron
and Jezibel- a recent adoption from Petco....another Rose hair

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
oooooo I like Mortis and Razi! That's a lot of creative naming!

emsdad70

3 Year Member
My daughter named hers "Aragog" also, from Harry Potter. I love "Incy", that's pretty clever: "The incy, wincy spider went up the water spout..."

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
hi everyone i am a new member . my t's are called ramases delilah rapunzel tsunami and money spider (rose hairs) Hercules thunder Saturn and flamenco (tiny b smithis) pirate and bandit (juvenille a geniculatas) midas herod and Solomon midas(avicavics.) i think a tarantula deserves a powerful name. in the past i have had pandora Venus gemini bodicea orinocco gypsy valentine and secret. hope to put some pictures on soon !

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
ps. i won fifty pound on a scratch card the day i bought money spider. tsunami was bought for me by my friend sue . midas with his big pink feet looks like everything he touches turns to gold. i got delilah after loosing my gorgeous German shepherd samson. i wanted to call my horse ramasesramases (his name was spitefool) but ended up calling him Vegas so when i met my big gorgeous greedy Chile i decided he could be ramases.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 93 my ramases
2012-08-17 15.06.56.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-10-17 13.22.48.jpg
    2012-10-17 13.22.48.jpg
    985.4 KB · Views: 10

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We have 24 T's
Pandora- P. Metallica
Nemesis- OBT
Artemis- White Banded
Harley Quinn- White Banded
Morticia - Hondoran Curly Hair
Jigsaw - Haitian Brown (M)
Axle - Rose Hair
Riddik - Red Rump
Azrael - Tiger Rump
Razi - Black Dwarf
Diablo - Mexican Fireleg
Ripley - Chilobrachys Discolus (F)
Loki - Costa Rican Zebra
Hades - Pink Zebra
Vorhees - Chaco Golden Knee (he has a spot on his rump that looks just like Jason's mask)
RedRum - Red Rose Hair
Krueger - Orange Tree Spider
Dragula - Brazilian Salmon
Carnage - Brazilian B&W
Aznarrac - Brazilian R&W
Mortis - Oklahoma Brown
Lecter - Ornamental Baboon
Venom - Trinidad Chevron
and Jezibel- a recent adoption from Petco....another Rose hair
My second t was a g rosea i called pandora (because of the tiny box she was in when i got her. My first white banded was called Harley Quinn when i discovered she was female i called her harleyqueen . You have excellent names!

Latest posts