• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcome to Tarantula Forum!

AvicMom

3 Year Member
Hello all, new here. I'm also new to T ownership. I found an Avic in my stocking Christmas morning. Well, her crickets were in the stocking...she was hidden away in a critter keeper. I've owned reptiles and furries for many years.

Mariner1

3 Year Member
Hello and welcome to Tarantula Forum! I created this site with the hopes that it will one day become a great FREE resource for pet tarantula keepers the world over. Our aim is to maintain a family-friendly place where people can discuss tarantula husbandry online. Please take a minute to register as part of our community and introduce yourself here in this thread or in the Introductions subforum.

Best,

Josh
Hello Everyone!

Look forward to reading everybody's posts and looking at your pictures. I have about 34 Ts right now, I had 44, but I lost 10 in two months to a combo of bad molts and symptoms of DKS. Hopefully this year will be better. See you in the forums!

pokie99

3 Year Member
Hello!
I'm a new member here. I've been keeping tarantulas for an year now and I've really become addicted. I have 18 tarantulas and hoping on getting more. I love all of them but my favorite ones are my females P. metallica, A. geniculata and G. pulchra (which I bought in a store where they didn't know her sex /she was a sub-adult!/ and handled her with thick gloves and a fish net). I've been reading a lot about tarantulas and can't wait to learn more! I'm hoping I can help others here and be given answers to my questions. Glad to be a part of this forum!

U Chan

3 Year Member
Hello, everyone I'm new here and I just got my first T yesterday so yea, i'm new to the hobby as well :T:

jsolis770

3 Year Member
I registered today and its nice reading through all of these comments and blogs about tarantulas. The spiders I have as pets are a Grosea or maybe its a Gporteri? I bought it at a convention for insects for 10$ and a little tiny spiderling for 1$. Though I also have pests living with me, still haven't gotten rid of them :/ I fed the spiderling a tiny roach and almost 2 days later it started to spasm and didn't eat another roach when I place it... Though today I saw there's a name for this DKS dyskinetic syndrome. Sad to watch a video of this. Hopefully the Grosea doesn't die on me when I drop a cricket. It seems just okay when I dropped a wild cricket from outside a few days ago. But this time I'm dropping one from a pet store.

jkill

3 Year Member
Hello everyone, just a quick introduction. My names Jeff and I haven't even got my first tarantula yet (should be getting one Tue-Wed) though I have been reading up on the subject for the last month or so. I culture roaches for my wifes geckos and thought if a tarantula can eat roaches as well... In any case really looking forward to learning everything I can and spending many years with my new pets. I really can't wait till they molt so I can start mounting the bristles! Some of the pictures I've seen are very interesting, and being a microscopy enthusiast I look forward to getting a close look at the various types. I'm a fan of macro-photography too so expect some (hopefully ) interesting pictures from me in the near future!

angelle

3 Year Member
received_10156009871760425.jpeg
Heya all... I'm a newbie... just bought my first tarantula last night. Thought I would go with what I hear is one of the most docile of tarantula species, a Grammostola Rosea. From what I know of the species it is a fairly mature female. Even after the stress of the trip home from the pet store she was very docile. Got her squared away in her inclosure and left her alone (as badly as I wanted to be checking her out). I'm like a kid in a candy store lol... I've always wanted a tarantula!!! I've done tons of research but I'm sure there are things that I will need help with. So glad to be on a forum of people who have a wealth of knowledge!!!

fabeosandwhich

3 Year Member
Hello and welcome to Tarantula Forum! I created this site with the hopes that it will one day become a great FREE resource for pet tarantula keepers the world over. Our aim is to maintain a family-friendly place where people can discuss tarantula husbandry online. Please take a minute to register as part of our community and introduce yourself here in this thread or in the Introductions subforum.

Best,

Josh
Hey guys um I may sound dumb right now but how do you post a question? I'm kinda worried about my pink toe.

Ghost

3 Year Member
Hey guys um I may sound dumb right now but how do you post a question? I'm kinda worried about my pink toe.
Hi,
If you click into the category that you want to post your question in and click on the green box at the top that says post new thread you'll be good to go....

Matthaus

3 Year Member
Hi! Matthaus here. New to this hobby! This site seems perfect for any help I may need to help get me keep my Tarantula happy. Here's a picture of her. Morticia Aragog the 1st haha.

Attachments

• IMG_20151103_135758.JPG
    IMG_20151103_135758.JPG
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 23

Matthaus

3 Year Member
@Matthaus

Hello and welcome to the forum and very addictive hobby :) Beautiful little fluffy T you have there :)

Thank you Charlotte! This is a great forum and I'm already impressed as to how much I will learn from this site.

She is a stunner isn't she??

Thank you for the warm welcome, I am pleased to be a part of the forum. It's going to be of great help in terms of learning and assistance. :)

Charlotte

3 Year Member
You will definitely get some great advice here and everyone is very helpful and friendly.

She is so fluffy! I like the name too!

Is she your only T? I went from 1 to 9 in just over two months! It's a very addictive hobby.

If you need any help or advice just post a thread or you can start a conversation :) you'll get a reply quite quickly.

Matthaus

3 Year Member
You will definitely get some great advice here and everyone is very helpful and friendly.

She is so fluffy! I like the name too!

Is she your only T? I went from 1 to 9 in just over two months! It's a very addictive hobby.

If you need any help or advice just post a thread or you can start a conversation :) you'll get a reply quite quickly.

Yes she is! I got her on the 18th of last month and already looking at getting more! She is such a pleasure and extremely docile which is great! :)

I'm going to be a lot on this site! : )

Charlotte

3 Year Member
It's exciting when you get your first T you're not sure what to expect and then suddenly you have a long list of more you want to get!

You seem confident enough to hold her which is good but just be careful you don't drop her as even the smallest drop could kill her. Maybe if you do wish to handle her you could do so closer to the floor, just in case :) it would be a shame to loose a pretty T like her.

It's more don't handle them for their safety than yours, they're such beautiful fragile animals.

I hope you enjoy the hobby and get lots of joy from your T and future Ts :)

Matthaus

3 Year Member
Yes agreed!:)

I am confident but very careful at the same time. I've started to handle her much closer to the floor now. But I've noticed she closes up with her legs after I do. So I don't want to stress her out. So I'll probably take her out when I sort out her tank :)

I'm very excited as to how far this may go :p
I can say the same to you and anyone who is reading this! :D