• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcome to Tarantula Forum!

CataclysmKitten

3 Year Member
Hello, i'm Veronica! I am a first-time Pink Toe Tarantula owner. I picked up little Klaus the other day. Did a lot of research, but I see I have a plethora of learning to do. That's him in my avatar.... tiny little boy. (?...boy for now. lol) Anyone with great sources please send them my way! I'm going to spend a lot of time here, I know it. :)

Kieran :)

3 Year Member
Hey I'm a new T owner, got a little Mexican Fire Leg about two weeks ago now! But he/ she dunno yet.. Hasn't fed at all? I've been trying him with food every couple of days to try and get him to eat but he seems more scared of em? Any answers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome @Kieran :) !

Please note this is a welcome/intro thread, so you may not get many answers here. You might wish to repost your question in the discussion section.

Don't worry about your T not eating. They can go months with out eating, especially after rehoming or around molts. As long as her abdomen is not shriveled she should be fine. Depending on the size, you might want to offer pre-killed food. Many slings (spiderlings) are scavengers. You might also be offering foods that are too large. Giving us a bit more info might help us help you figure this out.

Congrats on your new pet.

JP Rabino

3 Year Member
Hello guys, I'm Paolo. I'm new to this forum. I love spides. I have one phlogius sp rubiseta. It was my first tarantula that I got from my birthday present. I'm not sure about its gender. If you guys want to help me to know if its a male or female I have a picture of my T.
:D

Dante D'Andrea

3 Year Member
Hi everyone :) I'm a music producer from South Africa with a HUGE, lol repeat HUGE interest in tarantulas!!!!! I had severe arachnophobia all my life and one day went to a pet store and the owner was advertising his slings by holding an adult female chilean rose. (My family dared me to handle it) >>>> yep that's right ever since the day I handled that g.rosea, I bought a sling and my passion grew. P.S see you all in the forums :D

Dante D'Andrea

3 Year Member
Hello and welcome fellow South African,hope you enjoy the addiction !!! I mean hobby !!! Anyway, just enjoy haha.
Hi Martin

Thanx for the message :) , hmm Bloemfontein ( ur +- 700km from me) that's close I guess lol. Anyways that's awesome to know there are other South Africans here. See you in the forums ;)

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
Hi everyone :) I'm a music producer from South Africa with a HUGE, lol repeat HUGE interest in tarantulas!!!!! I had severe arachnophobia all my life and one day went to a pet store and the owner was advertising his slings by holding an adult female chilean rose. (My family dared me to handle it) >>>> yep that's right ever since the day I handled that g.rosea, I bought a sling and my passion grew. P.S see you all in the forums :D

Hey dante welcome aboard! :D

Mcgoran

3 Year Member
Hi. I'm new as well. I currently have a pink toed tarantula. I've had one in the past (about 10 years ago as a classroom pet - I was a teacher). I just bought Fierce about a month ago. She is much more colorful than my last one. Her abdomen isn't solid black like Pinky's was. Fierce is very young. She is quite small. Maybe an inch and a half across. My photo is a close up of her. My daughter (8) just loves her. I always had a soft spot for tarantulas. They are so much better than hamsters and they bite less too.

Dante D'Andrea

3 Year Member
Hi. I'm new as well. I currently have a pink toed tarantula. I've had one in the past (about 10 years ago as a classroom pet - I was a teacher). I just bought Fierce about a month ago. She is much more colorful than my last one. Her abdomen isn't solid black like Pinky's was. Fierce is very young. She is quite small. Maybe an inch and a half across. My photo is a close up of her. My daughter (8) just loves her. I always had a soft spot for tarantulas. They are so much better than hamsters and they bite less too.
That's awesome man, classroom pet! That's the best idea I've ever heard. It must also contribute heavily toward awareness of tarantulas and hopefully your student will grow up to encourage positive action against tarantulas. Pink toes are really awesome, we have an Expo here in SA two weeks from now and hopefully will find a nic pink toe for myself. :) welcome to the forum :)

Latest posts