• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poecilotheria/Pokie Club

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
I will oh not sure if any of yall know but you can add a drop or 2 of dish soap to water and it softens up the molts easier I found that out.

The soap gets rid of the tarantulas natural water resistance so it is manageable. after you finish if you want to keep the molt just put it in clean non soapy water and it will get its water resistance back.

Anthony York

3 Year Member
Also if you don't want to wait ten mins for it to soften I found a faster way to soften wrap them in a paper towel then soak it in water and put it in the microwave about three time for 10 secs checking it between ever time youreset

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1412925182042.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1412925200460.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1412925222802.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1412925252621.jpg

This is my Poecilotheria Regalis Communal,I had the enclosure made to specification made the backing myself and the hide. Note that I only made one hide,I am trying to see how it will go with one communal hide note the one photo members already sharing it.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
so martin you think they would kill each other if they hadn't grown up together.

Its very difficult to say,since others have done the same and had different results. I can't say what factors into to it,but I'm looking at my communal setups closely and taking notes of progress. I will do the same with 3 more types of Poecilotheria soon,I will either add 5 or 6 again from sling size and see what happens.

Anthony York

3 Year Member
Reason I asked is I wonder if they live together because they are siblings andif they aaren't from the same sac is that why they might kill each other

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So a very fast update,all is going well added some Turkistan Roaches so will see how it progresses. What I will say,no aggressive behaviour so far which is very different form this to my other pokie communal they've always been separate.

Last edited:

Latest posts