• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poecilotheria/Pokie Club

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They're so cuuute! I have P. metallicas that small, but they're very skittish. What's the second one?
Yes they are extremely skittish, thats how they came to be on my hands. I was separating them at the time. Its total chaos separating a few hundred pokies. First photo above is a ornata. The second photo is a vittata.

20200103_154401_1_1.gif

That's a male? Just wondering because dorsally it looks female to me. Of course, I could be wrong but all my males maintained a prominent dorsal stripe throughout molting into the ultimate molt. Beautiful spider! :)
That would be a pleasant surprise as I'd love to have Stevie around for as long as possible but based off of the last few molts I'm pretty confident they're a Steve instead of a Stevette. They've had two molts already since that picture too and still no signs of spermathecae on any of them and they're pretty good-sized now. :/

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That would be a pleasant surprise as I'd love to have Stevie around for as long as possible but based off of the last few molts I'm pretty confident they're a Steve instead of a Stevette. They've had two molts already since that picture too and still no signs of spermathecae on any of them and they're pretty good-sized now. :/

Awwww I hope you have a Stevette, too, lol. It's quite large (in the picture).....must be a big male, lol.

Awwww I hope you have a Stevette, too, lol. It's quite large (in the picture).....must be a big male, lol.
They're definitely not as large as that picture makes them look, my new phone camera is just really good at zoom pictures lol. That particular cork bark is maybe 3-4 inches wide at max. I can't say for sure how big they are now as they haven't emerged after their last molt yet, just opened their door and chucked out their old clothes.

Libromancer

Sadly i believe both my metallicas are male. was hoping to have a pair.
I believe I have a female P. Metallica, because of some suspected stray eggs on her enclosure walls.

If these are eggs perhaps we can do a breeding loan.

Attachments

• E2C8C8B5-691A-4622-B5A9-B11CE6402DB7.jpeg
    E2C8C8B5-691A-4622-B5A9-B11CE6402DB7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • 58215A88-DAAC-4DA7-BEB4-A1E9BAD7A9CD.jpeg
    58215A88-DAAC-4DA7-BEB4-A1E9BAD7A9CD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I believe I have a female P. Metallica, because of some suspected stray eggs on her enclosure walls.

If these are eggs perhaps we can do a breeding loan.

That is not eggs. Spiders don't lay individual eggs in different areas like that. They are all wrapped up in a white ball that is called a sac. What you are seeing is spider poop.

crazy8legz

He/She molted for me last week it’s maybe 2 inches now. This is my favorite face of any tarantula by far they look so grumpy! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_1129.jpeg
    IMG_1129.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18

Latest posts