• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My other Pets

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And Storm playing with her friends
2P0WT87.jpg

(the Lurcher only wears a muzzle because he chases small animals and bicycles)
GCgA8I6.jpg

As usual steeling her Rottie cross friend's ball
djGa3wQ.jpg

F5yYupb.jpg

JsxCG18.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You CAN teach an old dog new tricks. My just over 10 year old shep has learned to balance a treat on his nose
5rqaDzf.jpg

Some play time with Trigger this morning
CjULSjb.jpg

What could he possibly want?
ORdkgpI.jpg

E0lIBE7.jpg

Absolutely love this one. He looks like he's enjoying life so much
eIA5pE6.jpg

zzGP4Cs.jpg

xCBDFRe.jpg

y6QEZvk.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And some more of Storm (today is her 3rd anniversary with us)

She looks more Husky than anything in this photo
DOblnso.jpg

Crazy face lol, aka, "The grace and beauty of the Husky Cross)
AAluEVB.jpg

Storm, the Bouncing Dog
5ODpqrd.jpg

Speedy Gonzales
ySqtYPL.jpg

nsJq6Lo.jpg

Another crazy face
VyoUrEi.jpg

obedience, Sit and Stay (she only knew "sit" when we got her)
EqvnUJ9.jpg

"Huskies and the Crosses shouldn't be let off the lead, because they always bolt". Someone forgot to tell Storm, who spends a lot of time walking like this these days lol
KLyoXYW.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Some more of the dogs:
cGOWhgG.jpg

He's such a smiler
kjhRYTL.jpg

The old boy showing Storm how it's done. Not bad for over 10 years old, is it?
24Km62K.jpg

Did I hear a biscuit packet?
jr9ksWH.jpg

My babies
qMI9Sxx.jpg

More smiles
nl5H2dc.jpg

DI8QA0g.jpg

Having a spa day mud pack
9VRaG0I.jpg

Absolutely love this photo. Trigger adores my friends' staffy girl, Millie:
z2an7X7.jpg

With his pal Bruno (Rottie-GSD X)
w0wpvXo.jpg

Waldorf and Staedler from the Muppet Show
12TThqt.jpg

It's great to see those 2 getting on so brilliantly, as they're both quite dominant males. They've had their "handbags at dawn" yesterday, because Trigger tried to steal Bruno's ball, but it was all noise and teeth and over in about 10 seconds. After that they just carried on as normal.

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
@MiaWolf42 She looks very sweet, very smiley. Was she a Husky cross?
She was half artic and half timber wolf. A rescue place in Texas had her. I had actually went to see wolf puppies mixed with Rottweilers which were an accident, but did not like any of their markings. She was in another enclosure with her mom, I asked to see her. She ran right up to me and it was love at first sight. She was a puff ball then. I'll make a note to find a better photo tonight.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Beautiful!
When my shepherd goes (hopefully not before a few more good years, he turned 10 last November), I'm hoping to get a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog (or Saarloos, depending on the breeders). I just love their looks and temperaments.
Wolves are my favourite animals, but I couldn't meet the requirements for a hybrid where and how we live, so a wolf lookalike will have to suffice.

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
Beautiful!
When my shepherd goes (hopefully not before a few more good years, he turned 10 last November), I'm hoping to get a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog (or Saarloos, depending on the breeders). I just love their looks and temperaments.
Wolves are my favourite animals, but I couldn't meet the requirements for a hybrid where and how we live, so a wolf lookalike will have to suffice.
Agreed! I currently don't have a dog. I like the Czechoslovakian wolf dogs too. I want a Tamaskan, but not sure about honest breeders. It will be a while before I get one.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Agreed! I currently don't have a dog. I like the Czechoslovakian wolf dogs too. I want a Tamaskan, but not sure about honest breeders. It will be a while before I get one.
That's the problem, finding a breeder. I'm in the UK and the CWD is not KC recognized (which in a way is a blessing, because KC breeding societies have completely ruined certain breeds). Unfortunately some "breeders" just mix and match nordic breeds with the wolfdog and even occasionally interbreed Timber Wolves (the origin is a Carpathian Wolf) just to recreate something that remotely resembles the CWD. I'm hoping to find someone who keeps them pure.
I like Tamaskans, but have you also considered Northern Inuits (I was told Storm looks like a runty NI, too small even for a female though). They're not KC recognized neither, but the NI Society have very strict rules regarding their breeding and are working hard to have this breed established world wide.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ooh! I loved the puppies/dogs in Game of Thrones but didn't know what they were. I am reading about Northern Inuits now. :)
I think the GoT ones (or at least some of them) were from Honiakha in Essex, UK? The breeders are definitely part of the NI Society.
I've met 2 NIs over the past few weeks. Lovely dogs. The first is a female called Okami (Japanese for Wolf). She took a liking to my GSD, who was more interested in his ball. The other one is called Gomez. When he and his owner first approached it was like meeting a big brother for Storm lol.
JZXJEze.jpg

k8EjF7C.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Few more :oops:

Despite moderate HD, Arthritis and Prostate problems, Trigger still likes to run and play:
Yafuru8.jpg

Beautiful face
2j1z3rJ.jpg

The treat tree: When we first moved here, just for fun, I told Trigger to sit on the tree stump every time we walk by, and he'd get a treat. Now he does it without being prompted:
RygMRyu.jpg

GefDYq4.jpg

My happy girl
LlY2nGw.jpg

r8AkOZg.jpg

"Coming, mum!"
cEPNUks.jpg

I'm sure that's the same crow Trigger tried to catch
OMtxlGC.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Beautiful dogs. I really love your old Shepard. My friend has a senior Sheppard as well, he also has hip and joint problems, such a sweet dog.
Thanks. My shepherd doesn't act his age or shows any pain until he's done too much exercise and limps.
You can tell they're a proper working breed, always soldiering on, don't like to show weakness. One of my friends always says, that Trigger reminds her of a Military working dog with his obedience and alertness (proud dog mummy alert, lol).

IDaVBBb.jpg

kn33RU2.jpg

kvgpSnF.jpg

He had fun at the river Clyde this morning, although he lost his ball eventually, because he waited too long and it floated down the river lol.

He doesn't normally swim, infact until recently hasn't swam for nearly 9 years. You can tell by his face, he doesn't like it neither
JPtfgrs.jpg

4wAfsuX.jpg

rGWo20c.jpg

I see double
CDyw12T.jpg

Still trying to intercept his ball
Iz2769n.jpg

Down and Stay
TDv7RY8.jpg

"I'll miss you, ball!"
u0s1giF.jpg

tCkCukr.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My old shepherd is suddenly becoming more sociable. I put it down to his chemical castration wearing off, which he had due to a prostate inflammation. He's been quite grumpy for over a year, something I thought was down to his HD and arthritis, but it seems that it was the side effects of the drugs that made him unsociable. Maybe he's just one of those dogs that fare better on testosterone than without.
Anyway, he's never been good with small dogs, especially yappy ones, but now as long as they're neutered and/or female he actually plays with them or is at least friendly and polite.
He's had 2 large dogs try to have a go at him and didn't retaliate other than giving them into trouble.
He's helped this Ridgeback being able to cope being around other male dogs and although the ridge initially went for him (and then tried it again later on) was able to put him in his place resulting in the Ridgeback becoming totally respectful and relaxed around the other dogs:
EX3DrAQ.jpg

I think, Trigger realised quickly that it was the younger more hyper female which sets the male off occasionally (like with Trigger and Storm), and kept stepping in if their play got to high energy
Qtyd7KJ.jpg

Su9gT1F.jpg

The Ridgeback actually kept following Trigger after as if he was trying to use him as a guide
BWYick6.jpg

E38CXOw.jpg

Trigger also met a small 6 months old terrier puppy, who after being initially a bit scared played with him
noe9GRJ.jpg

ptOggXo.jpg

Jm09b7X.jpg

Him with his friend Bruno, aka Waldorf and Staedler (the Muppet Show)
7LcCf40.jpg