• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My other Pets

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just thought I'd also introduce my other animals:

My 2 corns:
Ozzy (he is my first snake. I got him in 2011. He's quite a small boy, but I find him very pretty and he's got a lot of character):
DSCF8514_zpsd8559fce.jpg

Draco, my other corn. I got him from a relatives friend who wanted to make space. When I got him he was quite overweight, being fed on 2 large mice twice a week, but now he's got a nice muscle tone. He used to be quite chilled, but he went through his first proper breeding season this year and because I'm not breeding with him (there's too many corns in rescues IMHO) he's a bit frustrated. He's still a great snake.
DSCF8511_zpsb1d27b06.jpg

My German Shepherd Dog Trigger. He's my first dog and my soul mate. He'll be 9 years old in November and has moderate HD and osteoarthritis, but his heart and mind are that of a young dog. He may not like other males (unless they're neutered and larger) and is scared of small white dogs (after being bitten in the belly by one), but he's super friendly to humans of all shapes and sizes and that is more important.
He's very smart and should have been a search dog if I had had the opportunity.
This is one of my favourite photos of him and possibly the last time he was jumping like this
IMG_2392_zps042f17fb.jpg

My girl Storm. She's a Husky Mix or probably Northern Inuit X (many people have called her that). We weren't really looking for a second dog, but because I had liked Dogs Trust on my FB, she appeared on my newsfeed one day and it was love at first sight. She had been found on the streets and although an owner's phone number could be traced through her microchip he/she didn't even want to know where they were keeping her and never came to claim her.... stupid @hole! His/her loss, our gain. She must have been under a year old when we adopted her, as not long after she lost all her puppy coat (I think my vaccuum cleaner nearly packed up, lol) and she's grown a bit since then. When we got her she knew the sit command and that was it. She still had accidents in the house, stole whatever food there was, mouthed during play and used to chew through all sorts (we went through 3 leads and 1 harness at the beginning).
Now she walks reasonably well on the lead, I can even let her off (not now though because the rut is starting and there are too many deer around), she knows all sorts of commands and has stopped stealing and destroying (apart from her cuddly toys). She's a bit like a sponge: You show her a new trick or command and she might not carry it out. You probably think, she can't do it or that maybe she's not as smart as Trigger. A couple of months later you try again and she does it first time, lol.
She's very friendly to people and dogs alike, although she needs to learn that not every dog wants to be BFFs with her. She does have a massive prey drive, but she's not been successful other than catching 2 voles (not that I want her to catch rabbits and co).
52da9912-f3ac-47c4-9d91-e97e3ba3ce92_zps9c6d5024.jpg

I used to also have 3 rats. I still miss them a lot, but I couldn't have them, because in the short lives they had I got really attached to them and their passing hit me quite hard.
We were going to get ferrets, but it looks like the breeder has let us down, as every time I ask him about the jills he keeps telling me that they're pregnant, but it's way beyond the 42 gestation period now and breeding season has ended, too :(.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Corns are great. Give them a nice vivarium and something to climb and they're really active and the different morphs are beautiful. It seems like it's all about Royal (or Ball) Pythons at the moment and people kind of laugh at you when you say you have corns, but I find them very underrated.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
Yeah there are some really beautiful corn morphs out there. I live my ball python but she's extremely lazy and goes between fasting for long periods and then trying to eat everything including my face. She is currently in the latter and needs her tank cleaned >.<

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My Shepherd Trigger is getting on a bit, but he's still young at heart. He doesn't let his few health problems (HD with arthritis, enlarged prostate) stop him from having fun:
IMG_6840_zpsetkjyv6r.jpg

IMG_6844_zpsvuvdwrxl.jpg

IMG_6846_zpsstthosup.jpg

IMG_6848_zpsk6bi4mkg.jpg

My Husky cross Storm was loving the snow today (she's confined to the long leash at the moment, because they've cut down a whole small forest around here, thus making a small herd of deer homeless :( )
IMG_7001_zpsjnvdsyyu.jpg

IMG_7009_zpshrvc9uzj.jpg

IMG_7011_zpsf2cl5jk5.jpg

IMG_7015_zps1vd0khms.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Butter wouldn't melt ..... (because it would get gobbled down too fast for melting)
IMG_7972_zps3uh82m2u.jpg

Trigger trying to steal the sun spot on Storm's bet and gets punished with snuggles
IMG_7956_zpsmud3mlpm.jpg

Madame comfortable enough?
IMG_7951_zpsydfqyuj4.jpg

Obedience: Level Pro (it takes a lot of self control for Storm not to take the treat straight away, lol)
IMG_7344_zpsmstz9znt.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was a little torn over whether to rehome them or not, as I went through a phase where I'd lost my enthusiasm for some reason. But every time I look at their cute little faces, I don't regret keeping them. They've got such nice personalities, too, even so Draco, the Anery Striped, is a bit of a pain in the backside, because he's in breeding mode. He keeps trying to break into Ozzy's viv (which is stacked on top of his). Poor boy is half his size (he's a bit of a runt at 4 years), lol.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They have great personalities, all different too. I can't wait to get another, just waiting for this years hatchlings.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Some feeding pictures. Draco was quite funny. he just couldn't get the angle right and kept chomping on the weaner. He looked quite angry, lol.

Warning graphic images of defrosted mouse and rat weaner, lol:

IMG_8113_zpstvsbrmjy.jpg

IMG_8115_zpswlm6okin.jpg

IMG_8118_zpssvwax0yu.jpg

IMG_8119_zpsw3legqkk.jpg

IMG_8121_zpsa7yudubu.jpg

IMG_8122_zpsro4lnvm8.jpg

IMG_8123_zpstmcathnd.jpg

IMG_8125_zpsevgzl7mq.jpg

IMG_8128_zpsbk7heq0b.jpg

IMG_8130_zpsuvjavgkg.jpg

IMG_8131_zpsawwyk0ax.jpg
IMG_8133_zpsnlyg2nhe.jpg
IMG_8134_zpsnemndo0t.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Great pics. I love watching them eat. I had a hognose that almost always ate hers from the middle, folding the mouse in half.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Storm and Trigger posing
5vU719H.jpg

a2MxYlT.jpg

Qgu5JKo.jpg

I joined a local dog walking group with Storm (Trigger can't be bothered meeting new dogs anymore, especially not small ones)
It's doing her a world of good, walking with a group. She's really good off lead now (although she still can't resist chasing squirrels and foxes and still rolls in smelly stuff):
IDUCLDH.jpg

Pk1PlVd.jpg

VRqIF1V.jpg

nyMDYKx.jpg

Not the best idea to try to play with swans lol
UzXKo2t.jpg

FBT9BZ3.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Some of my dogs.
Trigger enjoying the recent snow
xO0jgGy.jpg

WkyUfIM.jpg

32jAADr.jpg

gXQsOJR.jpg

dPyh1gF.jpg

Storm gets longer walks because she's younger and needs more excercise. She was in her element
tTnMnEA.jpg

htG82zT.jpg

UjQmSnr.jpg

The view of today's walk (Loch Lomond in the background)
aWwJp7V.jpg

iovxyFh.jpg

uFxJFF5.jpg

hTOgn0f.jpg

Latest posts