• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My inverts (mostly tarantulas)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
WP_20160316_18_39_12_Pro.jpg
WP_20160317_12_41_10_Pro.jpg
WP_20160323_17_50_55_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20160323_16_57_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160323_16_57_39_Pro.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
  • WP_20160317_12_41_23_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160317_12_41_23_Pro.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
20160325_151830.jpg

Rhapolurus junceus and Tityus stigmura, which is parthenogenic. I have one of the T stigmura and six of the junceus coming Wednesday:) These are the pics that Josh at Apex sent me when he got them in. Gorgeous scorps..I'll get more pics of them when they arrive, and my C gracilis when I get home.
20160325_150728.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Bark scorpions are by far the most visible, active and communal scorpions available. If anyone is thinking of getting some, i highly recommend them. I'm already going crazy over my FL bark scorps, the C gracilis communal. Excellent species. The big black species are cool, and beautiful, but not half as interesting. The junceus though..what a gorgeous sp...and the T stigmura as well...One year or so from now she's going to start popping babies out all by herself..

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Bark scorpions are by far the most visible, active and communal scorpions available. If anyone is thinking of getting some, i highly recommend them. I'm already going crazy over my FL bark scorps, the C gracilis communal. Excellent species. The big black species are cool, and beautiful, but not half as interesting. The junceus though..what a gorgeous sp...and the T stigmura as well...One year or so from now she's going to start popping babies out all by herself..
The popping babies part, are talking about one or both? I will try asking around on scorps but it does need a know-how on humidity and moisture requirements and stuff. :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Buthidae, or bark scorpions:) They're fast, they like using their stinger, and they aren't obligate burrowers:) I don't really have enough practical experience to advise anyone though:p The T stigmura is the parthenogenic one. Also its venom is a little more potent then my other scorpions. I do know all bark scorps need upright pieces of wood or bark to molt on. The care is similar to moist sp of spiders. AB scorpions forum and venom list is where I got most of my info so far on them. Theres a few scorp forums that died but not much else..they aren't as popular as spiders..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Don't take my word on the moist thing, I was just reading that dry sp can sicken and die if you keep them too humid. Not all of the Buthidae are moist, either..still learning:p

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Something interesting. From every thing I've read male hissers fight but don't kill each other. Last night a huge fight erupted between two male javanica (again) as I was going to bed. Woke up this morning and found a dead male sitting on top of the cork. Coincidence? They've been fighting all the time, I'm almost certain its the two biggest males, and since I found the dead one, the colony has been peaceful..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
These guys headbutt each other but they also use their abdomen like a tail, and slam the lower half of their body around, and basically hit each other. I think someone got a lucky shot in.

VanessaS

3 Year Member
Great photos! I am going to be so upset if the G. pulchripes that I am picking up on the weekend turn out to be defensive. They're going to be huge! The guy said that they're a bit skittish, as they are juveniles, but not defensive. I'm hoping they are calm as adults.
I am loving those scorpions and the Amblypygi - they are so freakin' cool!

Latest posts