• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My inverts (mostly tarantulas)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Most accounts I hear about G pulchripes and pulchra both are very positive, people say they're very tolerant. I think mine is just going thru a phase. Teenage hormones. Yeah I'm really getting into scorpions now, there's some really stunning ones out there. And I'll be trying to breed the Amblypigyds soon :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
WP_20160406_11_02_48_Pro.jpg

My two new Hadrurus arizonensis, The Giant Arizona Desert Hairy Scorpion. Got them from Peter Clausen at bugsincyberspace. See review ;) These are fantastic..the largest scorpion in North America. Weak venom, attitude, and a willingness to sting. Mine have not been very defensive at all. Very active, lively scorpions so far.

WP_20160406_11_04_38_Pro.jpg

These are around 3 inches, half grown and very healthy.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well, some can, mostly bark scorps. These H.a actually will kill each other I hear. Mine are separate:) I do have R junceus, H cyaneus and C gracilis communals though. They are usually alright, but you'll still get occasions when they cannibalize freshly molted scorps. Hopefully that wont happen but its still a possibility. The most exciting scorps to me are the parthenogenic ones. I have a tiny T stigmura and next week I'm getting a T trivittatus ..i know I spelled that wrong..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Update on my collection. I got home from work and had to capture several hisser nymphs on my desk. I found a few dead ones too. I'd heard they were escape artists, and I thought I had a tight enclosure..I didn't. Don't know how many I lost, but it sucks. I just transferred all my hissers into a lockable enclosure with a seal on the lid, and for vents I drilled a series of tiny holes that even newborns couldn't get out of. I should have done that to begin with. I wonder how many nymphs I lost.. It makes me wonder why the little ones would even want to leave the colony. Seems like they'd stick with their own instinctively.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
WP_20160330_14_40_54_Pro.jpg

WP_20160408_00_25_42_Pro.jpg

My S mesaeneus baby..all I ever see is his clws sticking out from his scrape under that rock. These are the commonly harvested scorps you see preserved in cheap belt buckles.
One of my B jacksoni babies molted.
And the roach pic is a male P surinamensis, a parthenogenic sp that technically should only birth females, but do birth males occasionally. I don't know if they can mate, or do. I found two others in my colony of 300. The largest one looked like this one, but he is all silver..he wouldn't cooperate for a photo and I didn't want to hurt him. Something interesting about these burrowers: If you hold them in your hand they use their shovel head to push strongly into your hands, and will force their way between your fingers to hide or burrow..its cool as hell..lol
WP_20160408_01_05_58_Pro.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They also stay completely submerged in the sub if theres a light on. If you throw food in, the substrate stirs around it and it starts shifting..like monsters are pulling it underground. Awesome species. Beware a man who keeps surinams...

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What kind of phone do you have?! The camera is amazing! The pics are so crisp and clear!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
True. I don't like Windows phones.....or apple phones. You have to purchase every app you put on there. It's crazy. Awesome camera, though. I've got the Moto x pure edition. I like my phone- has a lot of storage and is an Android smartphone compatible with any courier.....but my camera (even with 21mp) ain't ****, lol..

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I know. You'd think if they were gonna come out with a bad*** phone that they'd do it right the first time. So many flaws that counter perfection. Lol. I have yet to find the completely perfect phone.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just got a new iPhone. Had to argue with my son he wanted me to get the new galaxy.
This thing is freaking amazing. Rose gold iPhone 6s 2 gigs of RAM, a processor that's off the charts. Normally I don't treat me, ever. But this time I did. :) 12 MP camera 5 MP front facing and does live photos lol!
My tablets android. Love it too.
(Oh! And 64 gigs of space...I needed it for music games and pictures 0.o)

Last edited:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Updated scorpion list:
2 H.a
5 Rh. junceus
2 Rh. Pintoi
1 T. stygmurus
3 B. gigas
3 B. jacksoni
2 C. vitattus