• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My inverts (mostly tarantulas)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
WP_20160203_22_49_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20160202_16_06_37_Pro.jpg

My female Lp, in very heavy premolt, and my female curly, 3 inches of royalty.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
WP_20160201_01_09_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20160113_15_53_07_Pro.jpg

One of three A avics, one of two versicolors. I recently lost a versi to unknown causes and two days ago a mm avic passed on. Also, my female regalis, rare sighting, and the pic of the roach is just my next sp I'm buying, common name is harlequin roach, I'm excited to see how they do for me, very striking little guys.

Attachments

• WP_20160125_21_15_11_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160125_21_15_11_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
a
WP_20160126_19_55_17_Pro.jpg

female C marshalli. I recently put her and my lividus back in deeper substrate. She was very well behaved and both have finally discovered their premade burrows. Both are happily digging deeper and blocking me out of their lives again:)

WP_20160128_04_34_59_Pro.jpg

My female P antinous, very quickly becoming my favorite spider. She's very chilled, a great water and she's going to be huge..from what I've read, Pamphos are very skittish when young, but this girl is not startled easily, she's between four and five inches so maybe she's grown out of it. One of my sp mascara showed me some speed yesterday, so the rumor appears to be true. I'd really like to show some pics of the Phormictopus atrichomatus slings, but they've taken the obt approach to life :

WP_20160127_20_53_38_Pro.jpg

While I'm not impressed with hiders, they're slings so I'm not sweating it. I get the impression from my first Phormictopus sp that they come from a rough neighborhood, and act accordingly. Hopefully they'll be like most other giant terrestrials when they get bigger, and come out a lot.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looking to unload any of those halloween hissers @MassExodus ?
lol sorry I think my phone has a virus..been having trouble posting. Either that or I'm very popular with the mods ;) But yeah man, let me get these guys goin good and ill hook u up. I'm not using them for feeders, so give me about a month or two and il send you some. I'll message you when these nymphs are a bit bigger, but it looks to me like the javanica are going to do well. They seem a little more prolific then the giants, a little tougher. Just remind me after awhile Entity, if I forget. I just want to B absolutely certain they're doing well.

Last edited:

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
lol sorry I think my phone has a virus..been having trouble posting. Either that or I'm very popular with the mods ;) But yeah man, let me get these guys goin good and ill hook u up. I'm not using them for feeders, so give me about a month or two and il send you some. I'll message you when these nymphs are a bit bigger, but it looks to me like the javanica are going to do well. They seem a little more prolific then the giants, a little tougher. Just remind me after awhile Entity, if I forget. I just want to B absolutely certain they're doing well.
sounds good man! and when it warms up ill be getting some regular hissers and some peppered. im not using them for feeders either lol im just looking for some giant pet roaches. :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Interesting development, my juvenile male pulchripes, the fast growing Grammastola I mentioned? He's got a huge spider vag. This is why I shouldn't vent sex unless they're at least 3-4 inches. I'm quite pleased with the development though :) Lol, one of the few in my collection I never molt sexed, because she was growing so fast I was SURE it was a male..I thought all Grammastola were slow growers..my pulchra certainly isn't showing me anything yet. But this girl has always had a great appetite. Maybe I took advantage of that and power fed her a little without realizing it, I don't know. She also seems to have settled a bit after this last molt, she's not quite as defensive. I don't trust her though, she's tried to bite me too many times, with no threat poses or hair kicking first. Lovely girl, I'm very happy about this :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here's another sexing update. The beautiful gbb sold to me as a sexed female by a guy in Corpus Christi just molted into a mm. I never molt sexed him, obviously. My smaller gbb is confirmed though so I'm not too disappointed. She's just not mature yet, she's only 3 inches or so..so now I have to ship him or find a mf. He looks gorgeous though, I'll post pics when he hardens up well and eats.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Needless to say, im going to stop putting off sexing them by molt, even when they bury it or web it into their house. That means two obts are about to be very pissed off. Good times :)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Needless to say, im going to stop putting off sexing them by molt, even when they bury it or web it into their house. That means two obts are about to be very pissed off. Good times :)
We've come at a crossroads my good sir. I have a thought of never going to molt sex again and just be surprised of how my Ts will turn out in the end. ;)

My last one that I checked was my GBB and I hated it when it seemed male. :oops: So, I thought that I just might enjoy them as they are and not be stressed of what might come in the future. :rolleyes: :T:

Latest posts