• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moderator Nominations

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So who is running for mod, anyway? Is there going to be more than one?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yep I agree free speech is no more to people that have a high level of frame ( I guess I will call it that) just look at Hulk Hogan he called his daughter a ****** lover and he lost everything. I believe that he didn't hate blacks( just caught in the moment with a family dispute) it not like he killed one but they sure act like it.
With all due respect the word "******" in the dictionary does not refer to one's skin color and/or nationality. It simply pertains to being "ignorant" in general. Meaning: a Caucasian can be a ******. A Chinese person can be a ******. A Mexican can be a ******. A Canadian can be a ******. An Indian can be a ******. Brown, white, black, orange, pink, purple.....it don't make a damn. All those colors can be a ******. The color of a man's (mankind in general) skin does NOT define his character. Anyway, if you're an ignorant mod, I would nominate you...... If not, I would still nominate you. Catch my drift????

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Unless the definition has changed in the dictionary. I know its a racial slur but it used to mean "ignorant" or "sorry/lazy" person (which can define any one person despite skin color).

Thistles

3 Year Member
Unless the definition has changed in the dictionary. I know its a racial slur but it used to mean "ignorant" or "sorry/lazy" person (which can define any one person despite skin color).
"Niger/nigra/nigrum" is "black" in Latin. That's the origin.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Casey K.
Honey, that's what a lot of caucasian folks said to try and make it alright to use it,
I hate that term to the point of being fighting mad, To be fair I hate it no matter who is using it, and when someone uses it then says it's not like he "killed one but they sure act like it" Uhuh, there's no excuse and I will say something every damn time. Read between the lines and notice the way its worded. Its quite simply not ok in my world.
If I'm banned for it, oh well.

merriam-webster:
noun nig·ger \ˈni-gər\
Definition of ******
Popularity: Bottom 30% of words
  1. 1usually offensive; see usage paragraph below : a black person
  2. 2usually offensive; see usage paragraph below : a member of any dark-skinned race
  3. 3: a member of a socially disadvantaged class of persons <it's time for somebody to lead all of America's ******s … all the people who feel left out of the political process — Ron Dellums>
    ======================Everyone has a few button pushers, racial slurs is one of mine :p========================
Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Syllabification: nig·ger
Pronunciation: /ˈniɡər/

Definition of ****** in English:
noun

offensive
contemptuous term for a black or dark-skinned person.
=======================================================
http://www.aaregistry.org/historic_events/view/******-word-brief-history

Last edited:

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Casey K.
Honey, that's what a lot of caucasian folks said to try and make it alright to use it,
I hate that term to the point of being fighting mad, To be fair I hate it no matter who is using it, and when someone uses it then says it's not like he "killed one but they sure act like it" Uhuh, there's no excuse and I will say something every damn time. Read between the lines and notice the way its worded. Its quite simply not ok in my world.
If I'm banned for it, oh well.

merriam-webster:
play
noun nig·ger \ˈni-gər\

Definition of ******
Popularity: Bottom 30% of words
  1. 1usually offensive; see usage paragraph below : a black person
  2. 2usually offensive; see usage paragraph below : a member of any dark-skinned race
  3. 3: a member of a socially disadvantaged class of persons <it's time for somebody to lead all of America's ******s … all the people who feel left out of the political process — Ron Dellums>
    ======================Everyone has a few button pushers, racial slurs is one of mine :p========================
Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Syllabification: nig·ger
Pronunciation: /ˈniɡər/

Definition of ****** in English:
noun

offensive
contemptuous term for a black or dark-skinned person.
=======================================================
http://www.aaregistry.org/historic_events/view/******-word-brief-history
Yes that is the definition now but the old definition (had this definition in it as well) had to do with a "sorry" or "lazy" "ignorant" person. That was the "main" definition of the word. I do know its origin and I am VERY familiar with my history. I don't like hearing it, nor do I use it, however, if we change definitions to words and come up with new words to add to the dictionary, aren't we the reason the definition is what it is today? So the definition of it meaning "ignorant" or "sorry/lazy" person is the incorrect definition and the definition that defines a dark skinned person is correct?

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Even in websters 1913 , well wait honey , ill get you a link, ^^
http://1913.mshaffer.com/d/search/_words.word,******
I did read that nika, is Hawaiian for ignorant or lazy,
If I can find it, there was an article about one (Now defunct) dictionary that listed it as 'lazy or ignorant person" to supposedly make it more socially acceptable? I just have HUGE issues with any type of prejudices. Gender, sexual preference, size age race.
That type of ignorance infuriates me, NOT at you however lol :p

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Even in websters 1913 , well wait honey , ill get you a link, ^^
http://1913.mshaffer.com/d/search/_words.word,******
I did read that nika, is Hawaiian for ignorant or lazy,
If I can find it, there was an article about one (Now defunct) dictionary that listed it as 'lazy or ignorant person" to supposedly make it more socially acceptable? I just have HUGE issues with any type of prejudices. Gender, sexual preference, size age race.
That type of ignorance infuriates me, NOT at you however lol :p

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I wasn't arguing or anything but that is the definition I remember outside of the "racial" definition. As I said, lol, no man's character is defined by his skin color. I am color blind. I did want to raise awareness to those that may not have known the other definition of the term. I suppose in a way you can say I was in more of a "defense" mode when it comes to the racial term being used and wanted to take some folks to school. That's all. Hopefully my tutoring turned out for the best. :)

Latest posts