• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello Everyone

Thistles

3 Year Member
I got to find out exactly how that works for here in the states. :( they have sooo many I'd love to have.
You need to do a butt load of paperwork and pay a big fee. I can direct you to info if you want but it really isn't worth it unless you get a TON of animals. It's better to find someone who imports and tell them what you want.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Damn, shoot me a link if you have one anyway. Maybe I can figure out just what it would cost, save up then make one big order next spring.

justdon

3 Year Member
I saw my little golden knee sling again today.It had been 3 weeks since I last saw him.When do they finally come out and start roaming around their enclosure.I always worry about him but I guess he is a tough little guy. But I do know he eats his pinhead roaches.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine is out often now but I literally never saw it for the longest time. I moved her after her last molt and other then hiding if you startle her doing maintenance she's always out now.
So if you go by mine then about two inches.
Remember, our spiders do their own things so results may vary :p

Spideyfan101

3 Year Member
I have a G. Pulchripes spiderling that never hides or go into a pre made burrow I dug. Funny that you never see yours, I always see mine.

justdon

3 Year Member
I always say I don't see my sling much and worry about him.So I checked today I saw what looked like him touched him no movement.I was realy ready to cry until I looked a little further in the substrate and there was a guy a little larger now so finally my feeble brain put it together he had molted after that he ran and hid again.Thats a milestone for me I will get pics when I can.I just love my little sling he is a tough guy.Iam overjoyed now.

justdon

3 Year Member

I hope this pic is clear its my little guy after his molt.It took me a while to get a pic of him but if you look at the early pic when I first got him he has grown a bit.Now that iam sure that I can take good care of them I can start to buy more T's.Iam realy proud of him because for month's at a time I didn't see him but now he hangs out climbing and is exploring all the time.I look forward to watching him grow and mature and really become beautiful.Can't believe its been six month's since I got my first T.And they still fascinate me.

justdon

3 Year Member
Just a question my little T seemed sluggish today and didn't eat the worm I gave it yesterday.Not curled up or anything but it just molted not that long ago is it possible he could be getting ready to molt again?

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine molt about monthly when it's warm. I keep them well.fed so it's quick when they're little. How long ago did he molt?

justdon

3 Year Member
I guess I always have to say I worry so much about my little guy and he always comes out ok.Iam just amazed that he would molt again so soon.He is moving around a bit more today and he looks ok.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I guess I always have to say I worry so much about my little guy and he always comes out ok.Iam just amazed that he would molt again so soon.He is moving around a bit more today and he looks ok.
No issues. I get myself into a state over mine all the time. Nice to have this place for a little reassurance. :)

justdon

3 Year Member
My rose hair for the last two weeks doesn't seem to want to eat.When I put a cricket in front of her she backs away.She used to ponce right on it.I went to the pet store to get dog food and meal worms for my little guy and more crickets.The girl at the pet store said her rose hair would drive her crazy too she said if the abdomen is not shrinking and she is not curling up she is ok and she could be getting ready to molt.She just said our T's can be oddballs at times and make us worry.So I guess she is ok.