• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello Everyone

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My little girl disappeared and I have not seen her since yesterday evening.I want to try and feed her tomorrow.This little girl will make a nervous wreck out of me worrying about her welfare.I would guess she is ok but I want everything to go ok.This is my first T so I better get use to this.
We all worry about our little uns.....they don't seem to care and do what comes naturally, I. E. Hide from things that could eat them. I bet she is fine ☺. Welcome to the hobby and this forum, which IMHO is by far the best out there.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
awesome now just change out that substrate and you'll have a very happy T
Absolutely, wood shavings not the best but easy to replace with the good stuff (coco fibre and peat mix is what I use).

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I went and got some josh frogs coco brick and intend to do that tomorrow then change the wood shavings.
Not familiar with the brand but the bricks are used a lot. I actually get mine already shredded in big bags from a gardening centre. Lots cheaper than the bricks if you end up with a vast collection.......and you will once the addiction takes over ☺

justdon

3 Year Member
Just a question.I put the water on the brick it puffed up real good I broke it apart and put more water on it to loosen up the rest.Shoud I let it dry out over night?Also I just thought it says just add water so I guess the city water is ok I ask because chlorine is in the city water.

Last edited:

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
chlorine will be gone from water in about 24 hours if you leave it in an open container,
if you're worried about it just wait until tomorrow,
Your T's been being kept that way so I'm fairly certain she will be ok for one more day ^.^
Also make sure your sub isn't dripping wet, squeeze out any excess water and spread it a bit to help it dry some if it is :p

justdon

3 Year Member
My pics are not the best.But this the new setup.
20160315_113931.jpg

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It might be damp for her, just wait till it dries out some,
she'll settle down, its a whole new house to her way of thinking now ^^

justdon

3 Year Member
Iam happy.Being new at this I just couldn't stand it knowing my rose hair was doing ok but I had not seen my sling since last week.So I lifted the cork bark in the slings enclosure.And guess who went running for another place to hide.Everybody had told me not to worry but i just couldn't take it anymore.So I won't disturb him again.

justdon

3 Year Member
I know I ask a lot of questions but I worry a lot seeing how these are my first T's.But my rosehair still sits on her hide since I changed the woodchips that were in the enclosure to coco fiber its been four days now and she doesn't seem to want to move much from the top of the hide.The coco fiber should be pretty dry by now.Or do they take a week or so to get use to the change?

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It can take her a while, honestly, my G porteri just started moving around after a substrate change (been fighting ants)
it took her about 3 weeks, she sat on her hide and sulked with her face in a corner.

justdon

3 Year Member
Maybe I worry to much but yesterday evening I got a call my nephew was involved in an auto accident it totaled his car.So he couldn't get my sister or brother inlaw and called me they were keeping him overnight for observation.Ok I threw some clothes together and let my neighbor know I might be gone a few days.Because I had to go a hundred miles away.My neighbors son who watches the house and my dogs when iam away came to spend the night he is 20 and very responsible.But let me get to the point I showed him the T's and told him they have been fed just check the water and for the sling just a little mist on the walls.Finally I get home this evening because my sister and her husband got there to get my nephew.I checked my T's my rosehair is ok he had sprayed enough water to realy dampen the substrate in the slings enclosure I removed the corkbark I don't see the sling anywhere the pinhead is just roaming around.Can he survive if the substrate is that damp and is there any way I can dry it out some..Iam realy worried about the sling.

justdon

3 Year Member
An update I just checked the enclosure the pinhead is gone and I saw the sling getting water and then he disappeared again.My sling will make me a nervous wreck.