• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby tarantula stung by a tarantula wasp

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
Looks good. Do you think you could put a slab of something plastic under the paper towel to prevent the substrate from absorbing the water? Just be careful to not leave any jagged edges.

Alycia

He has been upside done 90% since he started walking I just took this picture a minute ago I don’t know if I should leave them like that are flipping back over I don’t know.

Attachments

• 3999F711-A5A6-4F31-81A3-7EAA25292C29.jpeg
    3999F711-A5A6-4F31-81A3-7EAA25292C29.jpeg
    586.2 KB · Views: 46

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
He has been upside done 90% since he started walking I just took this picture a minute ago I don’t know if I should leave them like that are flipping back over I don’t know.
I'd leave him be for a few days, just make sure there's always water available. Like I said before, a tarantula lying on its back doesn't indicate much of anything besides trying to molt.

Alycia

I don’t touch the paper towel I just take a syringe and squirt it on the towel and his little legs move and when I give it a drop of water to drink it flinches. I keep a thin towel over the incloser to keep it darker. How long can it go with out food? It’s been 6 weeks.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I don’t touch the paper towel I just take a syringe and squirt it on the towel and his little legs move and when I give it a drop of water to drink it flinches. I keep a thin towel over the incloser to keep it darker. How long can it go with out food? It’s been 6 weeks.

Don't worry they can go a long time without food as long as it has water.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It can go well over a year without food...water is most important. Without water it can only live a few months. Spiders will drink out of the substrate as well...I've watched a few in the past do this...even with a full water dish right there.

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
The abdomen looks plump (as much as it should be before a molt, anyway), so yeah, it'll be fine a while without food.

I think it would be a good idea to keep the moist substrate on a plastic lid as well. Then there's a line between wet and dry if the T wants dry. Remember to replace the paper towel every few days, to keep bacteria from growing.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm a little suspect to this photo...can you give me a photo with some flash on the abdomen? Its abdomen doesn't look right...I want to make sure theres not a visitor inside causing your recent strange behaviors.

Latest posts