• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who really are we, behind T keepers ? :)

SasyStace

3 Year Member
I'm a CNA in a nursing home, and I work four days a week. The other three? I'm in school for nursing (hopefully, if things stay like they are, I'll be graduating in February). I've a leopard gecko, five dogs, two cats, a sugar glider, horse, and chickens that get my attention when I'm not working. I'm also an avid reader, music addict, and video gamer although I've neglected my ps4 quite a bit since I started school. :( I also tend to write every now and then. One day, I'm going to successfully complete NaNoWriMo. Or so I keep telling myself. :p
OOh wow a Sugar glider! They're adorable!

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Fuzzball79 ... Ha ha lol only 1 husband ! You make it sound like you could do with more :)

In my spare time I like watching Lewis Hamilton wipe the floor with nico rosberg (F1) also like going to track days.
I'm also keen on old and new planes
(Vulcan bomber/spitfires/hurricanes)
(F22 F35 T50 typhoon)

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 .. I think we will see a vast improvement from mclaren in 2016.
I agree top drivers like button and alonso shouldnt be at the back of the grid. Can't wait till next year already..
Come on Lewis :)

halcyon

3 Year Member
OOh wow a Sugar glider! They're adorable!

Haha, it's like having a permanent two year old. She's always chattering and barking and traumatizing our cats or dogs! She suffers from a superiority complex, I think. When I make her mad by not saying hi, she throws her food at me. (Blueberries are her favorite fruit and she's known in my house for "berry-bombing" us if we don't say hi to her as we pass her cage.) She is adorable though, even if she is spoiled a bit. :)

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am glad to see all the gun nuts on here. I love my guns and anything that has to do with keeping my freedoms for that matter. I have too many hobbies, at least thats what my wife always tells me. probably cause im always digging into our bank account. I hunt, fish, collect insects (mounting), i have 3 tarantulas with 2 on the way, (alive) i do alot of woodworking, i love football and playing fantasy football, i like playing pool and drinking beer and play cards and drinking beer. I have a bar in my basement with all kinds of booze for making drinks. I play horseshoes and went back to school at the age of 33. trying to get my associates in business....think that might do it....oh yeah i love drinking beer! lol

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Fuzzball79 ... Ha ha lol only 1 husband ! You make it sound like you could do with more :)

I'm also keen on old and new planes
(Vulcan bomber/spitfires/hurricanes)
(F22 F35 T50 typhoon)

Lol, I had to read back my post. Thank you very much, but 1 husband is plenty for me...

I absolutely love military aircraft, too. The Typhoon is my absolute favourite, just the way the sound goes right through you. I was in awe when the Vulcan took her last flight over the Ayr coast, everyone went totally quiet. Some sight. Oh, and not to forget the Red Arrows!
I also love the Apache gunship, the "Ugly Callsign".
Typhoon @Armed Forces Day in Stirling (2014)
IMG_0808_zpse6ee6197.jpg

IMG_0616_zps08f5bf6a.jpg

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Fuzzball79 .. I love the typhoon in the Battle of Britain colour scheme. They are loud but I think the tornado GR4's are louder.. Hoping to go to RIAT next year and also the Mach loop :)

bookac

3 Year Member
bookac, you started the thread, your turn...;)
Oh its my turn :D I really respect everyone posts about what they do. I see most of you collect guns :D

And about me.. I am 23 years old, curently working in Video Production studio as 3d artist, but I have also worked in game studio for a year. I love playing games. Also I dont read much books, but I like to collect toys. I like to travel, learning to snowboard second season.

I am curently a lot into a country music, bluegrass, blues..

Have 2 tarantulas, and I am going to move out in few weeks to live with my best friend :)

And thats probably all for me, think :)

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
In addition to watching lots of movies in general, I particularly love watching certain bad movies with friends after a few beers and making fun of them. When I say bad films I'm talking about what people often refer to as "So bad they're good" films. Films that try to be good but are so unintentionally hilarious and entertaining. IMO, these types of films are better than comedies. Many people on the internet including Brad Jones (Cinema Snob), Red Letter Media, Brandons Cult Movies, and Fanboy Flicks have inspired me to get into these types of films.

I personally have never really been a big gamer. I play videogames, but not as often as many people my age, and I find it hard to get into many of them. I do read a lot of books by different authors .

N8tive556

3 Year Member
I'm a Harley rider, and all around animal lover, I have in addition to my 4 T's if have two Royal Pythons- a growing colony of Madagascar Hissing ****roach, an Asian Forest Scorpion, a Mexican Whip Scorpion and my Gf's 2 cats and her, Mini Holland Lop. Recently looking for work again after a layoff, trying to get back on my feet. I love to make people laugh and furthering my knowledge and tinkering on my motorcycle, That pretty much sums me up!

UPDATE! Got a job about a day or so after posting this and figured I'd atleast make this current, I now work at a steel fabricator... Oh and @bookac, I like guns as well lol and do really miss the production industry! Good luck!

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nice! I ride a 2012 XL1200V (Sportster 72) thinking about buying the S&S 1350 Big Bore kit but not sure if I want to yet kind of like her the way she is :) this is a pic of her
Pretty...but i think they all are. :) Harleys anyway....except for the Vrod not to fond of that one.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think guns are cool, but I will admit I'm a bit intimidated by them. I've burned my hand on one at a firing range in the past. I'd totally want a silencer though. They just look badass.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think guns are cool, but I will admit I'm a bit intimidated by them. I've burned my hand on one at a firing range in the past. I'd totally want a silencer though. They just look badass.
The more time u spend with them the more comfortable u get with them. When me and wife wife got together she was scared of them completely. But after being with me and me teaching her how to handle them and how to shoot. she now as a few and a wishlist a mile long for more. One of her favorite past times now. :)

Matthaus

3 Year Member
What are you guys/girls do in freetime, worktime, behind keeping the Ts ? :)

I dont know if there is similar post , if there is it, paste the link :)

I'm studying Culinary Arts. doing a one year course. And lucky me, I've been offered a job for next year at 4 star resort... So I'm a student, staying at a student res where I met my girlfriend who I've been dating for just a little over 9 months now.... She isn't pregnant haha... But that's the person behind this T Handler :)

Latest posts