• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who really are we, behind T keepers ? :)

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have 3 boys and 1 husband who are keeping me busy. I'm my husband's carer at the moment because he's been messed up by the Army and needs some time to recover.
I also own 2 corn snakes and 2 dogs (German Shepherd and Husky cross). I live in not so sunny Scotland and apart from my pets I like books, music (Rock, some pop, 60s/70s and Musicals) and nature. I love photography and am trying to get into Zoo/Wildlife/Pet photography a lot more (but can't afford the equipment, lol). I also like to take photos of military aircraft and marine vessels.

N8tive556

3 Year Member
I'm a Harley rider, and all around animal lover, I have in addition to my 4 T's if have two Royal Pythons- a growing colony of Madagascar Hissing ****roach, an Asian Forest Scorpion, a Mexican Whip Scorpion and my Gf's 2 cats and her, Mini Holland Lop. Recently looking for work again after a layoff, trying to get back on my feet. I love to make people laugh and furthering my knowledge and tinkering on my motorcycle, That pretty much sums me up!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I left the sheriffs office after ten years as a sgt./ shift supervisor in a medium sized county jail. I quit to help my mom take care of my dad, until he died Christmas day of 2012. I'm currently the head of security at a hospital. I like fishing, movies, I've read more books than most people I know, I've been single for many years, i have 3 dogs, 2 cats, 30 spiders, and 4 horses. I live in the country on ten acres, where it's peaceful, and I'm somewhat introverted but not antisocial, especially with women :) I collect firearms as well as spiders, anyone who has a problem with that can feel free to not speak with me. I'll be devastated, but I'll get over it, somehow.. And I like a lot of comments and attitudes I see on this forum. I like many of the people here. I have a good sense of humor, though it doesn't show much, and a bit of a temper, which sometimes gets me in trouble. I've been in the hobby almost six years, I was thinking four but it's six, I realized it when I logged into paypal recently, lol. And, I have a terrible memory :)

vmrcox

3 Year Member
Currently I'm in college for studio art and art education, I work as a living historical interpreter and educator of 1890's America and I do "miniature world" window displays for antique stores (meaning I create whimsical little scenes that you might find in a book or movie using the items in the store), I'm an avid hula hooper, I spend a lot of time pinning insects in shadow boxes, I collect old postcards and photographs (usually a bit on the strange side), and I locally sell homemade dog treats, prints of my art, and loom beaded bracelets as a side hobby :)

SasyStace

3 Year Member
Besides collecting my T's (Obt sling arrives tomorrow) I also collect ink- I am heavily tattooed. I used to work as a dispatcher and was in some form of investigations for more than 14 years. My daughter made me a grandmother at the ripe age of 38 so now I am the proud grandmother of a beautiful little boy whom I have already started introducing to my T's ( He loves to watch them feed) I also have a love for guns (anything Sig) Come from a HUGE Italian family and love to meet new people and learn about new interesting things.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Besides collecting my T's (Obt sling arrives tomorrow) I also collect ink- I am heavily tattooed. I used to work as a dispatcher and was in some form of investigations for more than 14 years. My daughter made me a grandmother at the ripe age of 38 so now I am the proud grandmother of a beautiful little boy whom I have already started introducing to my T's ( He loves to watch them feed) I also have a love for guns (anything Sig) Come from a HUGE Italian family and love to meet new people and learn about new interesting things.
Don't buy the Sig .22 mosquito..It's the only Sig I've ever hated. Very bad feeding problems, hopefully it's discontinued..It was a good idea, but they flubbed it.

SasyStace

3 Year Member
Don't buy the Sig .22 mosquito..It's the only Sig I've ever hated. Very bad feeding problems, hopefully it's discontinued..It was a good idea, but they flubbed it.
Thanks for the advice- since my dad passed (Retired SWAT Captain for Riverside CA - Southern Ca) I don't get to chop it up as much about my firearm hobby- I currently own P220, 226, 229, 1911 and SP2022- Dad got me each and everyone and left me numerous others but Mom has them for now.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mother of four grown children, (youngest will be 21 in Dec.)
Mama to several rescue pets, and proud owner of 2 slings (so far:rolleyes:)
Had a pet supply/grooming shop for a while but some serious health issues forced me to stop working.
Am now living in Alabama and taking care of my ill mother to the best of my ability.
I listen to music nearly always but rarely if ever look at the television. Have zero issues with others watching it,
just not my thing. I spend most of the time outside, I prefer it.
My kids call me an old hippy...but I'm not quite sure what that is and I'm fairly certain their mistaken lol
I'm am a little quirky, but, I do my best not to be judgemental and accept everyone for who they are ^^

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks for the advice- since my dad passed (Retired SWAT Captain for Riverside CA - Southern Ca) I don't get to chop it up as much about my firearm hobby- I currently own P220, 226, 229, 1911 and SP2022- Dad got me each and everyone and left me numerous others but Mom has them for now.
Very nice :)

halcyon

3 Year Member
I'm a CNA in a nursing home, and I work four days a week. The other three? I'm in school for nursing (hopefully, if things stay like they are, I'll be graduating in February). I've a leopard gecko, five dogs, two cats, a sugar glider, horse, and chickens that get my attention when I'm not working. I'm also an avid reader, music addict, and video gamer although I've neglected my ps4 quite a bit since I started school. :( I also tend to write every now and then. One day, I'm going to successfully complete NaNoWriMo. Or so I keep telling myself. :p

Wayne harper

3 Year Member
I'm a maintenance engineer at premier inn and have 2 dogs and a cat and 3 tarantulas at the minute and 3 boys aged 7, 4 and 14 months and a lovely wife that luckily controls the purse strings in our house otherwise I would have hundreds of guns and tarantulas now. I enjoy hunting and messing about with my boys. And really want to get a small holding one dayv

Fleas

3 Year Member
Am a huge MMA buff, I love my guns I currently have a wasr ak47, c308 hk91,rock island 1911, mosburg 590, ruger 10/22. I like playing video games(playing Dark soul's 2 At the moment) but can't do that unless am high on some Greens(weird I don't like to smoke any other time and I can't play with out it) my job consist of moving thousands of pounds by hand for 5 hours a day Monday through Friday, back breaking work but I like it, makes me feel like a boss off a man. AM a single 25 year old male with a brindle pitbull dog and 22 tarantulas and that's about it:)

Latest posts