• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What sex is my curly hair tarantula sling

What sex

• Male

• Female

• Unsure - better photo required

Results are only viewable after voting.

RoxanneHawke

I got this sling today, I’m new to the hobby and would love to find out whether this little beauty is a male or female. I feel rude saying ‘it’ all the time and would love to give it an appropriate name.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 9A5CE76C-50CB-418B-B4C1-AB42C7815526.jpeg
    9A5CE76C-50CB-418B-B4C1-AB42C7815526.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
  • EE002F51-1041-4403-B35B-BDE17EFD5AB8.jpeg
    EE002F51-1041-4403-B35B-BDE17EFD5AB8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Call it Pat
Problem solved

Looks a little large to be a sling by definition, what is the diagonal lifespan in inches?

RoxanneHawke

Call it Pat
Problem solved

Looks a little large to be a sling by definition, what is the diagonal lifespan in inches?
Pat, love that. But I have my heart set on Aragog if it’s a boy, and Madam Octa if it’s a girl.
I believe it’s about 4.5 ish cm (that’s what the add said) but I think fully extended its like 5-6 cm. I also think it’s in pre molt, from what I’ve read - it’s kicked hairs off it’s back and has a dark bald patch, I’m going to see if it’s got any interest in food over the next few days to be sure as I want it to settle in and feel comfortable before I go poking things at it haha.

When would you start to class it as something other than a sling out of interest? Would you call it a juvenile?
Thank you for responding :)

RoxanneHawke

04699D02-27A4-4EB3-A569-C7DA55682C6A.jpeg

would you say this was a sign of pre molt? Hopefully this photo shows the size a little more accurately, ‘it’ does look quite large on the other photos - dem angles doe haha

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
That is a question i have had. I have seen tarantulas 1 1/4 inches for sale that were sexed and others about the same size or larger that were not sexed. Part of that and maybe most of it maybe that they simply did not try to sex those Ts.

Latest posts